account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Get rid of "What's New"

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 151 of 173
Message 151 of 173

Re: How to remove the 'Whats New' application completely

Get an Iphone problem solved

Learner
Message 152 of 173
Message 152 of 173

Re: Get rid of "What's New"

Hi Sony!

Whats new embodies all reasons for which I would not buy your products again: how u force crap on your customers and how you take us for stupid. Even if I set all setting to "no automatic update" each time my battery dies and my phone is powered back on all the updates strt downloading. I set NO UPDATES! You ignore my preference and play this nasty sneaky game! Whats new is ine of the apps that always tries to update itself despite my settings, it takes 25 MB memory of my phone. I paid for the memory omy phone ! I want to use it for whatever I need not for your  bloatware!!!!

One time poster
Message 153 of 173
Message 153 of 173

why i cant kill or remove whats new of permanent kill Software Update....

Pls dont be an aweful company and let the USER WHO buy your products choose what Apps He want to use or keep.

Pls Change this or i will never buy any Sony products and tell this all my customers.

A really angry User...

One time poster
Message 154 of 173
Message 154 of 173

Re: "What's New" app on Home button

is it impossible like breathing in space or like, we do not allow it to the customers?

sincerly, a customer

One time poster
Message 155 of 173
Message 155 of 173

This solution actually does not work for Oreo.

Message 156 of 173
Message 156 of 173

Under GDPR legilsation SONY must be breaking the law by spamming me with such utter rubbish without letting remove it.  Complaint to information commissioner on its way.

Message 157 of 173
Message 157 of 173

Sorry - that should have said combination of GDPR and PECR.

Learner
Message 158 of 173
Message 158 of 173

Hi Sony Team. I extremely hate Whats New. Its annoying and takes over 20 MB from my memory. WHY do you have to flod your devices whit bloatware????????

Learner
Message 159 of 173
Message 159 of 173

Sony I am extremely annoyed by you forcing this whats new app on me! Even if i disable it, after every rebott...every time my battery runs out, the app activates itself again! You cometely diregard what I want, keep activating an annoying useless app that i disabled multiple times! Stop flooding your phones with crap bloatware!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 160 of 173
Message 160 of 173

Get rid of "What's New", and stop Notifications

I HATE the "What's New" on my Sony phone.

I HATE it so much that as my contract is ending soon, I will be getting a new phone which isn't a Sony.

I have the settings "On the Lock Screen" - Don't allow ntoifcations at all and "Interupts in Priority Only" set to off, and still in the middle of an office my phone decides to alert me to something which is not relevant to me in the slightest.

Please, please, allow your customers to make decisions on what is best for them by removing these very annoying notications.

I continually delete this app and turn it to "Force Stop", just to get rid of it, and of course it just wants to re-install itself every time I remove the App.  

I don't need it, and I don't want it!!