account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Can't install what's new

SOLVED
Emperor
Message 11 of 33
Message 11 of 33

Re: Can't install what's new

@Somebodyhura

settings > display > make sure the brightness its 100% > Xreality on > open the album app > select a picture > take a screenshot > settings > display > xreality off > take a screenshot 

Post both screenshots here. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 12 of 33
Message 12 of 33

Adviser
Message 13 of 33
Message 13 of 33

Can someone give the what's new apk for 5.1.1 to me??
I really need it Slightly frowning Face
Emperor
Message 14 of 33
Message 14 of 33

@Somebodyhura

check the XDA forum, just wondering why is it that you really need it?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Adviser
Message 15 of 33
Message 15 of 33

Well who don't likes updates??
Specially for lollipop that needs a lot.

And I have a hotspot issue...when I turn it on..it will error..but works... I don't know...won't harm but when I want to use zapya... I must go to settings and turn hotspot on and then create server in zapya...if not... I mean if I let zapya turn hotspot for me...ui crash..10 sec and it's back but hotspot toggle will turn gray and need system restart..

I hope update fix it....
Adviser
Message 16 of 33
Message 16 of 33

@uliwooly

Also wifi will be disabled if ui crash and...
I restarted then...didn't check if it could crash more things...
Must be system cuz works fine on other devices.

Emperor
Message 17 of 33
Message 17 of 33

@Somebodyhura

So you don't need the update you just want it, got it, regarding zapya, that's something you will have to contact the app developers about since that's a third party app and Sony its not the developer. 

Emperor
Message 18 of 33
Message 18 of 33

@Somebodyhura

Try to recreate the issues/crashes while on safe mode, if you can't then the issue is/are third party app(s), and you have to contact the app developers, if you do, then create a video > upload it to youtube > post the link here. 

as for the whatsapp update, if you can't update then contact your Local support

Adviser
Message 19 of 33
Message 19 of 33

@uliwooly

It's not zapya I'm pretty sure..as without it I also get an error for creating wifi hotspot

And one more thing
I went xda and got the apk.... Can download updates but it cant install( I think it's because it's not system app)

How do I make it system app???
Emperor
Message 20 of 33
Message 20 of 33

@Somebodyhura

Boot on safe mode and create a hotspot. 

have you rooted the phone or unlocked the bootloader? 

Since you have a lot of issues, you should consider repair the phone with PCC and don't install any app > test the hotspot again. 

software repair

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355