account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Welcome to the Forum, please introduce yourselves!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 81 of 1,823
Message 81 of 1,823

Re: Welcome to the Forum, please introduce yourselves!

It might be possible that your USB port is not recognizing the phone because of any virus in your PC. Try to attach on other port and if still nothing happens then master reset your phone and then try again.

And if still the problem occurs then check your pc usb ports as normally ports automatically install drivers when the device is pluged in.

Hope that will be helpful.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 82 of 1,823
Message 82 of 1,823

hi ahsanws

thanks for responding so quick

what do you mean by "update is coming through Sale Item numbers".

and when you say "check the update availability of your phone via

Sony Ericsson Update Service do you mean the update service software

that i downloaded?

thanx

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 83 of 1,823
Message 83 of 1,823

No need to say thanks bro...i was online at that time.

So Sales Item number is like a serial number printed at one side of your x10 box, but before checking SI number its easier to check the sofware availability via Sony Ericsson Software Update.

And to do so Run the update service which you have downloaded from the Sony Ericsson website, when you'll open update service it will sync. for a while then show you some instructions.

Then connect your phone after following the on screen instructions and after that it will search for the new software for your phone.

If Your phone's software is available it will prompt.

Its easy, When you'll run your update service software it will guide you step by step.

Do let me know what happend. ok

Have fun.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 84 of 1,823
Message 84 of 1,823

Hi

My name is Tarsha and i live in NZ. I brought a W508 cellphone yesterday.

Im just writing to see if you can help me out. I want to know if there is a way that i can get a message alert to appear on the front cover of my phone. I have to keep opening it to see if there are any messages. On my old phone there was a light that flashed if i had a message waiting.. this phone dosnt seem to have this feature or am i just missing it..... Please help.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 85 of 1,823
Message 85 of 1,823

hey ahsanws!

God bless you abundantly bro, i did it.....hahaha!

i actually upgraded my x10 to 2.1 and it was so easy...yes man.

it took about 2 1/2hrs for the process to go through thuogh, but it was

well worth the wait. when i first clicked on my downloaded update service

file, i got a message saying "download incomplete" so i just trushed it

and downloaded the file again and before you know it, i was well on my

way to upgrading my x10. update service is the software to use. my one

disappointment though is the fact that we still dont have pinch zoom, is

that too much to ask for, SE? hey thanks again for your help bro.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 86 of 1,823
Message 86 of 1,823

Hi I`m Ricardo from Port Elizabeth South Africa. I`ve used Sonyericsson products for the last 12 years and have always been impressed by the picture quality of their still cameras. I recently bought the X10 & initially struggled to update to Android 2.1 but eventually succeeded. I`m still learning as I go along as there are so many features. One thing that disappoints me is that there seems to be no build-in flash for the camera to take pictures at night. Or maybe I`m not getting the settings right. Can someone guide me through the camera setup please? I`d also like to know if it`s possible to create folders in Mediascape to store one`s videos. Thanks.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 87 of 1,823
Message 87 of 1,823

Hi there...

Sure its an awesome device ricwill. I am using this device since 5 months and i am not bored yet., usually i change my mobile after every 3 months but still i am using this device, may be x12 will manage me to replace x10. Anyways there is a flash at the back of your phone and you can easily activate it.

When you open your camera then press the four box symbol key ( Menu Key ) which is your first key from left side, then you'll see a popup bar at the bottom displaying two options hide keys and advance options. Go to the advance options and then there you'll see photo light at the top. Open it and then select the ON botton, Its simple but you have to do it again and again whenever you start your camera.

Now 2nd question that can you make your own folders in mediascape. No you can't, but there is a simpliest way to do so.

Go to the anroid market then go to the apps section search for file managers then you'll se some top file managers like ASTRO FILE MANAGER, LINDA FILE MANAGER, Adao Team file manager etc. i recommend Adao FILE MANAGER its much easier and faster. Once you download this file manager whatever folder you'll make will be displayed in mediascape (For VIDEOS, MUSIC and PHOTOS only).

Hope that will help you.Have fun.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 88 of 1,823
Message 88 of 1,823

Its good to know that you've succeeded and i can understand your feeling as i'd also tried many times to upgrade my phone almost for 2 to 3 weeks.

I hope you are enjoying your update, mainly the HD video Redording and the 5 desktop screens and there is a good news also for you that pinch to zoom is basically coming very soon for x10.

I can give you the link about this update.

http://www.intomobile.com/2010/11/17/sony-ericsson-xperia-x10-pinch-zoom-multitouch/

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 89 of 1,823
Message 89 of 1,823

Hi there.....There is always an option for text messages to po-up in home screen when you get any messages and in Flap phones with the small screen at front cover always show the recent message you've recieved.

So go to the settings and check out there in message settings or in general and display settings. As i didnt used this phone but i know about the java phones of SE so check  the settings as i said before or read the manual.

Take Care.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 90 of 1,823
Message 90 of 1,823

it's great to know that we will be getting pinch zooming by Q1

of next year. that will seal the deal for the x10. by the way i

hope we can still use update service for the upgrade.

listen you kow where one can get some decent looking

free x10 wallpapers?