account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Welcome to the Forum, please introduce yourselves!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 71 of 1,823
Message 71 of 1,823

Re: Welcome to the Forum, please introduce yourselves!

If you are using any contract service mobile phones....like vodafone, T-mobile, orange etc then your update might come late and you can get further info from your service centr.

But if you are sure that your x8 update is available than update your phone via sony ericsson update service as pc companion might have some problems.

Hope this will help.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 72 of 1,823
Message 72 of 1,823

Hi do u know anything about the Xperia X10. Im having trouble trying to unlock it. I put in to many pattern attemps and it's asking me for my google account details and when i put them in it says invalid email or password but it is the correct details i keep putting in. This is driving me crazy please help??

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 73 of 1,823
Message 73 of 1,823

You must be putting wrong Pattern to unlock your phone. Try to remember the rite pattern. Because you tried too many wrong patterns thats why software is asking for your google account which you'd saved it in your phone try to remember that and if every think fails the easiest way is to re-install your phone software.

Update it again as it will restore all factory settings.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 74 of 1,823
Message 74 of 1,823

Hi, I'm Connie and I am very embarrassed to admit I got this cool phone because it was free and I have no idea how to operate it. I can turn it on, but it won't stay turned on. I can't accept an incoming call or find the home page-really the very most basic stuff. I accidently turned the camera on but couldn't find the shutter or figure out how to exit it. I tried the user guide but even that begins at a level over my head. Should I return it and go back to the dinosaur phone I had for the previous 6 years?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 75 of 1,823
Message 75 of 1,823

Which phone you have?

are you talking about x10?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 76 of 1,823
Message 76 of 1,823

hello and nice to be here

Demigod
Message 77 of 1,823
Message 77 of 1,823

Welcome everyone new to the forum! Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 78 of 1,823
Message 78 of 1,823

hi all! the name is papanii, i recently bought an xperia x10. i really

do like this phone and will very much like to upgrade the system to 2.1.

problem is though, i'm not tech savvy at all. i've downloaded both the

Update Service software and the PC Companion software.

i've read a lot of the problems people are having trying to upgrade

this phone and it scares the hell out of me because i'll hate to mess

up this phone. could somebody pls tell me which of these two upgrade

softwares is best for the x10 and if possible a step by step guide as

to how to do this upgrade. thank you all in advance.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 79 of 1,823
Message 79 of 1,823

Hi there Papanii.,and Welcome.,

Dont worry at all...there are some minor problems in updating your super hot x10 device because update is coming through Sale Item numbers. You can check the update availability of your phone via Sony Ericsson Update Service. Sony Ericsson update service is easier then PC Companion and its gives you the step by step instruction on how to update your phone.

Need any help about your phone...feel free to ask.

Enjoy your x10.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 80 of 1,823
Message 80 of 1,823

I just got a SE 518a and computer will not recognize the phone when pluged into the USB.  I have installed the pc suite,updated,tried holding c while plugging in, and uninstalling drivers.  just an x over phone in toolbar of desktop.