account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepted Solutions makes a difference!

Did you know that by clicking the Accept as Solution button You will help other people visiting the community to find their answer? Learn more.

Psst - What do you think about our community? Take a moment and share your thoughts around this community by doing this short survey.

Need "Mega Bass" for Jelly Bean 4.1 upgrade !!

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 21 of 25
Message 21 of 25

Re: Need "Mega Bass" for Jelly Bean 4.1 upgrade !!

I am also in support of heera.rana .Why should i root my phone if i already know that it is gonna void my phone warranty??

Sony should provide LWW with new walkman app and if they can't provide us with the one they built for 2012 Xperias ,then they should built a NEW ONE for LWW.

I agree that a company should focus on the new mobiles by providing more features and latest technology in the future phones which old phones missed but the way SONY is doing this is completely wrong.They should atleast think about their old customers.LWW is the last walkman phone and it is still under 18 months of upgrades agreement i.e. till april 2013.

Xloud technology truely works in sound enhancement, i agree on that but if you are releasing new walkman app for new phones, then why it is not for LWW.New Xperias are not even walkman phones .All xperia 2012 comes with 3d surround sound and xloud ,then why a new walkman app for them.They don't need that app because they has  even better xloud technology than 2011 xperias and also 3d SRS (please don't agrue with me on this comment,it is my personal opinion).

Finally for Jelly bean case,i really don't want Jelly bean.

I just want SONY to please release a PURELY STABLE ICS for LWW which should be stable like Gingerbread(ICS for LWW is very unstable,after ICs upgrade the phone becomes laggy and  LED notifications stopped working,wifi connectifivity issues etc) .

They should made Video Recording and Camera Quality improvements(after ICS upgrade LWW camera quality becomes very poor.Photos are all blurry and of poor quality.Sony should fix it soon.

My friend has galaxy ace from samsung ,it has a 3.5" display with 165 ppi and still his camera provides a way lot better photos than LWW Slightly frowning Face .Galaxy ace  has only 256k colors and LWW has 16M but still his cam is way better than LWW.I know i haven't took LWW for taking pictures but the camera must alteast felt like a 5MP camera and the picture quality should be better than a low ppi samsung ace and should also better than the LWW camera quality with gingerbread OS(stock).

720 p video recording in LWW is only for name.LWW VGA recording is a lot clear than 720p recording.SONY should fix and enhance the quality),

A New Walkman App for their last walkman phone(as it is the last walkman phone from SONY , the walkman app should be upgraded to provide more enhanced music experience to their customers.It is also okk if Sony provide a new walkman app for LWW which not completey matches the new 2012 xperia walkman app but walkmn app for LWW should be upgraded Slightly smiling Face) ,and

Finally some fine tweaks in performance of the device(so that speed can be improved) .That's it.

I really don't want any other thing from SONY,i just want them to improve the things i listed above(which does not depend on hardware) and they can do it very easily without have to put any hardware testing on 2011 xperias  like they are doing for JELLY BEAN.

Like my psot if LWW users agree with me.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 22 of 25
Message 22 of 25

fair comments, If Sony do any fixes on this for the 2011 phones Walkman player, I'd like it to work for Gingerbread too. I am not planning to change to ICS. There are no advantages for me, I like a working camera and all the other good features of LWW on Gingerbread.

The one other essential fix is the compass fault, this bug has never been corrected yet. So if any update of the player is forthcoming it needs to include the compass sensor update specific to LWW.

I have done this, but requires rooting the phone. The bootloader does not have to be unlocked.

it is not hard to do.

Just rooting the phone using flashtool should not be a warranty problem, especially because you are fixing a known error by Sony, which has not been fixed in any updates.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/31724?tstart=30

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 23 of 25
Message 23 of 25

Yes, we should expect jellybean update for LWW. SAMSUNG providing jellybean update for its phones having much lower hardware as compared to LWW. Its being too late from the time jellybean was offically launched.. Now sony should provide some update regarding the upgradation to 4.1 for the 2011 family as well as the bugs fix, or else they may loose so loyal fans..Crying Face

One time poster
Message 24 of 25
Message 24 of 25

Dear friend,I know we should demand for JB as Samsung is doing that but if you look on history of Sony Mobile,you will also gave up on even thinking about getting JB OS upgrade when you already got ICS.I guess only one or two 2011 xperias will going to get JB and LWW chances is 0.99 % out 100. That's why i am demanding Sony to please rectify the glitches,bugs and lags in the ICS 4.0 update for LWW.

IT WILL BE SUPER AWESOME IF LWW GETS JB  but seriously i have no hope.And yes SONY is already started loosing its fame in mobile sector.I love Sony BRAVIA TV Slightly smiling Face .

Adviser
Message 25 of 25
Message 25 of 25

I Hope this will be taken into consideration by SE team.