account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia z2 movies playing issue

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

xperia z2 movies playing issue

Hello everyone! I upgraded my xperia z2 to lollipop version. 

But i understood that it has problems with playing movies in mkv format! In the kitkat it was really good but now it plays very hard! HaVe everyone had the problem? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Emperor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Re: xperia z2 movies playing issue

Transfer the movie with Media Go, that should solve the issue. or use a different format

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Is this through the Movies app or a third party player? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Yes!  Its about movies player app! 

Emperor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Could you try a different video player?

Rookie
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Last night i copied a movie with mkv format (800 MB) in the storage. Then i opened the movies and touched the new movie to play but it did not played! The time remains on zero! 

When i navigate in different parts nothing happens! I really disappointed and installed mx player and it worked proerly!

Ithink it is a system problem!

Emperor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Transfer the movie with Media Go, that should solve the issue. or use a different format

Rookie
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

thank you uliwooly

Emperor
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I'm glad I was able to help