account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

movies app problem

Rookie
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

movies app problem

Videos in movies app keeps stopping automatically whenever I move to a different app. This is after I switch on "play in background " in settings.
5 REPLIES
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: movies app problem

That's normal, just like youtube if you switch to another app the video will stop

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Play in background should work maybe if you go to the home screen.Have you tried it?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

How about this

http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/11/07/movies-small-app-now-available-to-download/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

These are the exact words of the checkbox in the movies settings "keep playing video in background while using other apps "

It used to work earliar. When I opened chrome this time, the background playback paused the video.
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Have you tried settings-apps-all-movies,force stop and clear data? Restart and check again.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.