account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia z5 premiums youtube 2k+ resolution?

Apprentice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Xperia z5 premiums youtube 2k+ resolution?

It would be nice if Sony would enable 2k/4k video playback for youtube on the z5 premium. Google cardboard would at least look acceptable
4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Xperia z5 premiums youtube 2k+ resolution?

That's not a Google restriction but Google/YouTube

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@Zane1

As Uliwooly stated, on any phone the YouTube app will not give the option to view videos in a resolution higher than 1080. You can contact Google about this at YouTube app by tapping on the triple dots icon and choose "Help & Feedback"

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Resolution of Xperia Z5 Premium in youtube app is 4K

Z5 Premium in these apps is 4K :
Album - Video - Youtube - Netflix
Emperor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@sehs

That's not accurate, open a 4K video on youtube > menu > quality > you won't have the option to select 4K, that's a Google restriction, I'll test netflix later.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)