account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Video app update 9.2.A.0.6 for Xperia Z2

Adviser
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Video app update 9.2.A.0.6 for Xperia Z2

Hi,

I have just updated my video app to 9.2.A.0.6 on my xperia Z2. What I am noticing is that I no more have a video loop on the app home screen for my last played video. It used to look cool and was available on all the previous updates. I am referring to the space on the very top where now it only shows an image of a girl and a boy with a balloon. I am not sure whether it is a bug or sony has removed that feature.

5 REPLIES 5
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Video app update 9.2.A.0.6 for Xperia Z2

Open the Movies app then tap the 3 dots then Settings then tick the box, Show last played video on Movies home

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi Thommo. Thanks for your reply.

Just to mention, the name has already been changed from Movies to Video from last few updates. And I am afraid I do not have any such option that you mentioned in video app settings.

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

So I've just updated my app and yes that feature has been removed - Nothing else I can do except to say for feedback you would need to contact Xperia care

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Adviser
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

That is really really sad.. I hope someone from Sony sees this post and take an action to bring back the feature. I like the swipe to close feature but home screen used to look much cooler with video being played on top on previous version.

Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

It was removed because now you get the feature wgere you can minimize videos to bottom corner and browse for more content (similar to YouTube), I think it would be very heary on phone resources to have a minimized video, a top screen preview video and keep browsing more videos.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.