account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place this monday
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Video app development

Commissioner
Message 1 of 8
1,817 Views
Message 1 of 8

Video app development

It's unfortunate that Sony no longer support Video app. I mean before it has beta version but now it's no longer under development. Seems like Video & TV Sideview app is now acting as the Video app (yes, we still have Video app but it's just redirecting you to Video & TV Sideview).

I believe they could do so much more with the app if they just continued developing it. Hope they reconsider.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ XZ (F8332)
7 REPLIES 7
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2 of 8
1,812 Views
Message 2 of 8

Re: Video app development


@ermond12 wrote:
It's unfortunate that Sony no longer support Video app. I mean before it has beta version but now it's no longer under development. Seems like Video & TV Sideview app is now acting as the Video app (yes, we still have Video app but it's just redirecting you to Video & TV Sideview).

I believe they could do so much more with the app if they just continued developing it. Hope they reconsider.

I got 9.5.A.1.4 version of Movies app, which updated by my source about 2016 July. So as you can see application is supporting and developed Slightly smiling Face

 

How i know 9.5.A.1.4 is lastest version Slightly smiling Face

Commissioner
Message 3 of 8
1,808 Views
Message 3 of 8

Re: Video app development

What phone are you using? Beta for Video/Movies app is no longer available, inlike the Album and Music which are still on-going.

Also, in my XZ Video app is there but when you tap it, it will redirect you to the Video and TV Sideview app. Seems like it just serves as an icon. You can disable it and still use the Video and TV Sideview app but you can't use it if Video and TV Sideview app is disabled.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ XZ (F8332)
Commissioner
Message 4 of 8
1,806 Views
Message 4 of 8

Re: Video app development

Movies app from apkmirror.com can be installed but it's not compatible with XZ or Nougat possibly.

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ XZ (F8332)
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 8
1,802 Views
Message 5 of 8

Re: Video app development


@ermond12 wrote:
What phone are you using? Beta for Video/Movies app is no longer available, inlike the Album and Music which are still on-going.

Also, in my XZ Video app is there but when you tap it, it will redirect you to the Video and TV Sideview app. Seems like it just serves as an icon. You can disable it and still use the Video and TV Sideview app but you can't use it if Video and TV Sideview app is disabled.

C5 Ultra Dual (Lollipop 5.1) Slightly smiling Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 6 of 8
1,800 Views
Message 6 of 8

Re: Video app development


@ermond12 wrote:
Movies app from apkmirror.com can be installed but it's not compatible with XZ or Nougat possibly.

How i know in apkmirror website is original apps, the same as is in Google Play (but maybe i'm wrong), so can be that latest version is incompatible right now with XZ or Nougat Slightly smiling Face

 

Why you so need latest version of Movie app? Slightly smiling Face

Commissioner
Message 7 of 8
1,794 Views
Message 7 of 8

Re: Video app development

I see. In Nougat, Video will be replaced by Video & TV Sideview as your video player (aside from the Album app which also has its own video player). Again, Video is still available in Nougat but it's just an icon and will redirect you to Video & TV Sideview app when you open it.

I actually just like the old Movies/Video app of Sony.😁

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ XZ (F8332)
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 8 of 8
1,789 Views
Message 8 of 8

Re: Video app development


@ermond12 wrote:
I see. In Nougat, Video will be replaced by Video & TV Sideview as your video player (aside from the Album app which also has its own video player). Again, Video is still available in Nougat but it's just an icon and will redirect you to Video & TV Sideview app when you open it.

I actually just like the old Movies/Video app of Sony.😁

Looks like it's good that i will not get Nougat - i like movie/album/music apps too Grinning Face