account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Video Unlimited isn't avalible in my region.

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

Video Unlimited isn't avalible in my region.

Screenshot_2014-12-30-18-54-17.png

I live in Israel, I have a global version of Sony Xperia Z2 D6503. Why everything from Sony isn't avalible in Israel like Sony Entertainment Network account , Music Unlimited and more.... 

Hope I get some answer Slightly smiling Face

15 REPLIES 15
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Re: Video Unlimited isn't avalible in my region.

It doesn't matter if your phone is a global release - It's the firmware version you have that is the restriction and what governs what works etc - The only way around this would be to manually flash another country;'s firmware that has no restrictions

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

How can I flash other country fireware?

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

Check XDA for firmware files and instructions

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

Well by making this will the software stay original or will get the new updates from Sony? What exactly would happen in my phone sofware after doing this? Will it only changes the avalibility of  Sony Entertainment Network account, Video Unlimited...etc. ? Thinking Face

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

Hi! After installing a Custom ROM you won't get any other official Sony update. Even if you will have for example a USA firmware you will still not be available to access Sony Entertainment Network in Israel. The SEN apps always verify your location based on different things (SIM Card, GPS Location). I suggest you to keep the original software and wait for Sony Entertainment Network services and pproducts to be available in your country. 

Until then, you can use alternative applications such as Spotify and others.

Have a great day!

With an XPERIA smartphone from Sony, freedom is in your hands!
Visitor
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

Video Unlimited Broken and Limited

I have not been able to see any of my Video Unlimited content on Xperia devices since late December 2014. Customer service has no answers, and seems to have little to no knowledge about the app or service. In fact I have been tossed around to as many as 7 different agents in one call.

It is an absolute joke. I have now reset to factory settings on muptiple Xperia devices multiple times, and there is just no getting the content back. I have over 100 Movies and 78 TV Series on Video Unlimited and it works flawlessly on all of my other devices. Playstation 4, Playstation 3, Playstation Vita, Playstation Portable, Bravia, other people's PS4's, PC's, every other device is having no issue.

I have even went as far as to purchase a TV episode to see if it worked. To my surprise it loaded up, preformed authentication, and was playing in a matter of seconds. However, it still does not show up in the My Videos section. It did stay in the Home screen of Videos until I cleared the cache per customer service. Now I have no VU content on any Xperia devices again.

This is a complete disgrace to what is otherwise an amazing service. The fact that I am unable to play my movies or shows on the go is a major disappointment as that was a huge reason as to why I was going digital. I also bought an Xperia Z3 because I wanted to have games and a phone in one. Since Sony will not make a Playstation Phone this is my only option. Please get this fixed, and bring HD, and streaming over mobile services while your at it.
Emperor
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

Re: Video Unlimited Broken and Limited

Just wondering, have you unlocked the bootloader at all?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

I have heard the term before, but I have no idea what it is. If it is not something direct from Sony or Google I don't download it.

The thing the really bugs me is that every other service order Some Entertainment Network is working fine. Music Unlimited, Play Memories, Playstation App, Remote Play. I just wish someone at Sony had even the slightest hint of an idea about the app. It would be great if there was some way to contact the people that work on Video Unlimited, because it seems like there is absolutely no communication with users.
Emperor
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

Sorry to hear that, have you checked this link?

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)