account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Video Unlimited isn't avalible in my region.

Visitor
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: Video Unlimited Broken and Limited

That is where I started. They redirected me 7 times and no one could give me any assistance with this app. It was as if Video Unlimited did not exist outside of PlayStation. I kept getting shoved off to SCEA, then over to SEN, back to SCEA, over to Sony Products. It was a complete joke.

I love Sony and this service, but then way they are handling this has been one of the worst customer service experiences I have ever had. At this point I am just hoping that something will chamge once they roll out Android 5.0 next month. Tell then I guess I just have to drag my Vita to work everyday.
Emperor
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

What if you contact Xperia Care from a different country, perhaps they might be able to help you a bit more

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

Hey man, I've been having the same exact problem on my Z2 Tablet. It looks to me like it cannot activate the device for movies, since it won't show up in the devices section no matter how many times I select "activate device," in the settings. I'm going to call account management later today, when they open, to see if they can help with that. In the mean time though, try uninstalling the updates to the movies app. For some reason, when I go back to the factory version, all my content comes back. You won't have all the new features, but at least it's functional.

You are absolutely right about the support too, I have been bounced around like crazy. Looks like we're pretty much on our own here until a new update drops.

Adviser
Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

Okay, so this worked!

The problem is that the Music Unlimited App Has not been updated to the current version (13.1.A.1.2), here's how I got mine working:

I used APK Extractor:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ext.ui&rdid=com.ext.ui&rdot=1&feature=md

to make an apk from the updated Video Unlimited App on my Z3 Phone. Here is a link to the APK that I saved in my Drive:

https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0B1jX90_2v9gyMjRSVVVBTlRhbUk/edit

I can see my content now! Hope this works for everybody else!

pH7
Regular
Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

This issue is commonly related to a missmatch in version between the Movies app and the Video Unlimited app. Make sure you have installed the the latest updates for both the Movies app and the Video Unlimited app.

You can check if you have any available updates by running Update Center on your device found under Settings / About phone / Software update.

If that doesn't solve the issue please let me know.

pH7
Regular
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

Re: Video Unlimited isn't avalible in my region.

It doesn't matter what firmware version you have or if it's a global or regional device, the service is currently not available in your region. Here is the list of currently supported regions: Countries in which Video Unlimited is available

The only way to get access to the service would be if you had an IP address from one of the supported countries.

Hope this helps!