account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Video 9.4.A.1.6 update

Forum Legend
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Video 9.4.A.1.6 update

A new version of the Video application has now been released (9.4.A.1.6) and is currently rolling out gradually.

video941_screenshot_01.pngvideo941_screenshot_02.png

So what's new in the update?

• Add the screen rotation button on the player

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Video 9.4.A.1.6 update

Well, here's an idea.
How about adding ability to view info of video files (like resolution, video/sound bitrate, fps, etc.
And fast forwarding/rewinding with finger swipe to left/right instead of bringing up the progress bar all the time.
Would bring it on par with modern players from play store and increase it's usability.
One time poster
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

I can't update the new version. Can you help me?
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

You can't update or it's not available to you for update?
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

I am not on this latest version and it looks like it had improvements to my current one. Mostly, it has 'my videos' for PlayStation movies, mine does not. I am using z5 and have to go to PlayStation movies app to see purchased films, and I cannot download them. My old z1, and even z, aswel as z2 tablet all download from video app. Frustrating that I cannot do this at the moment, Amy idea if it is available to me and how I can get it as appears no updates at the moment (I think usually from what's new app, no updates in there) thanks
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Same here, no direct link to ps videos.
Can anyone with this feature confirm if the HD quality is available on Xperia yet with it.
Tbh I'm a bit sick of Sony limiting UHD/QHD/FHD devices with SD content even though we've paid for HD

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

So got both ps video and this update..
Still no ps "my videos" in video app
Now has download option...... still in poor sd quality...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

In video player add a video stretch optio
Visitor
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Video player is good but not play all video formats as MX player.
Commissioner
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

@Hampus make app uninstallable. it's the worst app from sony, many envelope formats (avi, mkv) are unplayable, it just takes memory in phone :/

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop