account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subtitles disappear randomly

Sage
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Subtitles disappear randomly

Hello, as of version 8.0.A.0.6 I found out that subtitles will not work as they should. They work for some seconds and then randomly disappear and appear. If I advance or go back some seconds, they will also appear or disappear on different dialogs.

It is incredibly annoying and just when I thought that I didn't need to download MX Player on my new Z3 Compact.

Subtitles are very important not just for watching foreign movies but also for watching them at low volumes and still understand what is happening.

I hope the solution is coming, in the meantime I guess I will go back to MX.

Subtitles in ".srt" format and movies in ".mp4".
5 REPLIES
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Subtitles disappear randomly

Does it happen with all video formats( with subtitles) or just MP4 with .srt?
Sage
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Now that you mention, I just tried an mkv file and it worked great for a few minutes... Must be an issue with mp4s
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Yeah, more than likely.
Sage
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Nevertheless it still needs to be solved. Mp4 is one of the most popular formats for phones.
Sage
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Reminder to Sony that this bug is still present in 8.0.A.0.8.

Please fix