account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Movies App subtitles

Visitor
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Sony Movies App subtitles

Will Sony ever update his Official Movies App with subtitle support? i think is important to have this on an Sony Video´s App.

11 REPLIES 11
Master
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Sony Movies App subtitles

I don't have any information about upcoming software/function but I will pass your feedback on internally. For now I can recommend that you download another video player from Play Store that supports subtitles. 

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

Rookie
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

I am using Xperia ZR 4.2.2 . SONY needs to upgrade its movie app to support subtitles. SONY is mainly famous for its MEDIA(Qualty Music Photos & Videos)  content.. So its duty for u guys to provide quality stuff rather than giving suggestions to use diffrent app for subtitles.. I am Big fan of SONY device and its apps.. So I m requesting you sony developers.. To look into this and resolve as possible as u can,,,, Thank You..

Visitor
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

THIS.

I was very happy to see the "Subtitle Settings" in the settings menu of the Movies app, immediatly loaded an *.mkv with embedded subtitles (some anime fansub) and well... nothing. No subitles and no way to enable them.

A standard movie app with problemless (!) subtitle support would be a strong USP!

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

In the meantime you may want to take a look at MX Player: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

When we will be able see proper subtitle support on movies app? It's one of the core functions of every modern video player. So, how come this core and very important feature is still not available!?
Visitor
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

I also have this problem on my xperya z3 dual ... can't add subtitles to it.. Arabic subtitles  

Learner
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Actually, the Sony Movies App has Subtitle Support,
Way to include Subtitles in Movies app _Sony :
One need to Name the subtitle file with exact same name as the video file and place this file in the folder where the associated Movie file is present and now open the Movie from Movies App and the subtitles will get added to Movie automatically,
Moreover, one can change the Font Type, Size and Colour of these Subtitles,
One time poster
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

once the video name reads the same at the subtitle name, the subtitle will be displayed but a new problem emerges. sometimes when you pause the video and exists video player the video hangs and u will have to completely close and restart video player several times before video plays again

One time poster
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Cheers: Well , it being understood that for subtitles must have both files and make sure you have exactly the same name arises that also happens to me the same problem as equally work ; every time I paused the video or configure the video subtitles stumbles , having to appeal a force quit the application whenever a problem occurs .