account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Podcast App Not playing podcasts

Visitor
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Podcast App Not playing podcasts

Hi there, having used the default Podcast app happily for a while (albeit via the Music app - why there isn't a direct icon is one of life's great mysteries) it has suddenly started giving me a "player is disabled or not installed" error and refusing to play any podcasts. I can go to file commander and find the podcast files. I can see that they are mp3 files and I can even open them via file commander and play them in the music app but when I try to do this via the podcast app I get the error. It's like the podcast has deregistered the music app as its player.
Any ideas on how I can get it working again?
Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Podcast App Not playing podcasts

Hi there, multiple software updates later and this is still not working.

Trying to play podcasts through the default Podcast app (acessed via the Music app) is throwing up an error "player is disabled or not installed".

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks very much,

Simon