account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Movies disappeared since update

Adept
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Movies disappeared since update

All my downloaded movies have disappeared since 4.4.4 update and i get a message saying that the movies can't be found

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Movies disappeared since update

Are your videos/movies still on the device? Can you check with file commander?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Also I faced the same problem, what I faced is that, movies got deleted, but still they were consuming space in external memory card.

------------Arnab
One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Since update I can't even access the menu for movies site... Keeps telling me there's an update available...yes I know there is as have just downloaded it..and that's as far as I can go, worked fine before and could press the icon and it would open...Now can't even get any movies
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hi,

I found finally the issue, in fact I don't know why but the Video unlimited app must be updated in the same time than the Movie app, and here again I don't know why, this is not happening for Xperia Z2 tablet.

So I just sent the latest version of the Video Unlimited app from my Xperia Phone to my tablet, installed the APK file and ran the update for the movie app. And now with the last version of the 2 applications the movies are now visible on the xperia Z2 tablet.

--> Movie app 8.0.A.0.8

--> Video Unlimited app 13.1.A.1.2

Hope that will help you to solve also the issue.

Adviser
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Could you post a download link for the .apk, or procedure to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Okay, so this worked!

I used APK Extractor:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ext.ui&rdid=com.ext.ui&rdot=1&feature=md

to make an apk from the updated Video Unlimited App on my Z3 Phone. Here is a link to the APK that I saved in my Drive:

https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0B1jX90_2v9gyMjRSVVVBTlRhbUk/edit

I can see my content now! Hope this works for everybody!