account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place this monday
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Default video app not working after update to naugat

Rookie
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Default video app not working after update to naugat

Today on 17. January 2017 i have updated my Xperia Z5 to Android 7.0 naugat version and after this update my default video player is not working. Upon opening the app it opens as Tv side view app and m unable to play my favourite videos. Please fix this bug.
9 REPLIES 9
Adept
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Video at Nougat

I just update Z5 Premium into nougat anyone can tell me how to play video continously? I mean like before separately from video&TV Sideview. It's too bad if I download app for this,thx u
One time poster
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Re: Default video app not working after update to naugat

I got problem of opening video app at first, so i just uninstall tv sideview app and install it again from playstore then video app works fine now. But ithink this two app now works like integrated to each other.
One time poster
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Same here i have z5c e5803 got the same problem after i update to nougat
One time poster
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Video player

What happen to my video player when I upgrade my Xperia z5 compact I cant use my video player
One time poster
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

I am also having the same issue in my z5 dual.If anybody got solution please let me know as well Slightly frowning Face

Apprentice
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

How I download new Video app ?

I need the new video app then original app for my new Xperia XZ the orginal it's a disaster. How I get new app or the old one

The orginal Video V: 1.1.0 a disaster. When i open this Video app it's goes to Video & TV SideView.

The orginal Video & TV SideView V: 4.6.0  a disaster

I need some help.

Commissioner
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

It's like they're integrated to each other. More like Video will redirect you to the Video and TV Sideview app. Like Video is just like an icon only. You can disable Video app and can still use the Video & TV Sideview app but you cannot run Video app of Video & TV Sideview is disabled.

In short, Video & TV Sideview is the new Video app. XD

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ XZ (F8332)
Learner
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Well I use the video function more than the remote function. A shame really. The new interface isn't as friendly for device videos as compared to previous renditions.

One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Any updates on this? I bought an X Compact recently (on Nougat). Could have sworn the album let me pick the app to play videos before, but now it always uses the built-in Video or Video/TV app to play videos. I always have auto-update disabled for apps so there wasn't any update that would have changed things, and I even disabled the built-in apps and it still uses them to play videos?? Very frustrating because the Video/TV app is awful.