account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Cannot play AVI file using Video app

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: Cannot play AVI file using Video app

Support team, I don't want to face this issue anymore, please fix it asap. However, can you or Sony tell me why you indicate in its specifications that AVI file is available for Z1?,or Sony just convince a user to buy their product?. After buying a product, Sony just leave a problem behind. I am not a stupid user.
If you (Sony) said "the phone can play AVI file (all kind of AVI) ",I would be proud of you. As its specifications said "AVI " can be played on Sony's device, when a user gets the issue like me so why you said "but".
All AVI file can be played on the device, no exception by saying "but".
Forum Legend
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

As I mentioned before, AVI is a container format when it comes to videos. The information that you can find in the white paper is also the decoder format which is MPEG-4. I've just tried an AVI file with MPEG-4 codec here and it works fine. But if you try to play an AVI file with another codec such as: JPEG, RGB or Cinepak, these will most likely not work since they are not supported codecs.

You can always download a program at your computer which can check the container information of your AVI file. An example of this program is MediaInfo.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

Fine! forget it.
Learner
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

Hello.
I had the same problem helped in setting set for developers: use NuPlayer. Immediately after selecting this option, go play AVI videos.
Mark

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

Hi @134554, thank you very much for sharing your other solution.
Hi support team, I am buying Xperia Z1 phone to entertain my life style, I am not buying the horrible phone.