account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[BUG] Xperia Z5 Nougat Update Movie app Bug

Apprentice
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

[BUG] Xperia Z5 Nougat Update Movie app Bug

After updating to Nougat the Xperia movie app does not work and instead automatically opens the TV SideView app. I have tried Restarting and still does not work.

Please fix.
12 REPLIES
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: [BUG] Xperia Z5 Nougat Update Movie app Bug

It is not a bug, they have merged movies app with tv SlideView app.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

It is, you can't even click the video option in the slide view app, it is not responding, is there an official statement that they merged the 2?
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

@Kenu22, @Xperiaman007is right, they did merge the two apps thru an update,

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Apprentice
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

You mean that the Video app and the slide view app is one and the same? So I can view my videos only thru the gallery now?

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

@Kenu22: i am sorry but I have checked my other device and there is a separate app for Video , and Video and tv sideview, is one missing in you xperia z5? both app are capable of playing videos. can you elaborate the problem you are having?

________________________________________________________________________________
Apprentice
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

After the update, when I open the Video app it automatically opens the slide view app. And once the slide view app is open and I click the Video option on the left side menu, it does not respond at all. It was working before this uipdate. Ican play video though thru the Album app.

Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

For me there are two icons *Video and *Video & TV SideView and if i enter any of them they are completely the same because it is the same app just two icons .

@Kenu22 if your app is not responding try finding app in all apps and clear cache for that app

Apprentice
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Have you downloaded the Nougat update? I have done those things 'Clearing cache' and 'force stopping' before going to this thread. Should I wait for the patch or can I do something to fix this?

Forum Legend
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

@Kenu22: but you don't have the video app anymore?

it seems that we have different versions of the video and tv side view: once I open the app, it goes to "mobile device" page with the list of the folders with videos in it..