account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Why TrackID is closing?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Why TrackID is closing?

Simple question to Sony/Xperia staff... 

Sony is getting weird decision.. No more vaio laptop,  CLOSING a lot of official exclusive apps..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Re: Track ID

Hi everyone,

Our native applications portfolio is evolving as part of continuous improvement to provide relevant experiences for users. TrackID™ will be discontinued as part of this.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

11 REPLIES 11
One time poster
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: WHY TRACKID IS CLOSING?

You are so right.

Learner
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Track ID

Why is Track ID shutting down? 

It's the only functional app. Shazam is crap. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Hi everyone,

Our native applications portfolio is evolving as part of continuous improvement to provide relevant experiences for users. TrackID™ will be discontinued as part of this.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

That's a very profound sounding answer.

I looked up the internet and nobody, literary nobody was after asking the developer teams, I mean, even the Wiped page was updated but no interview with the team at Sony. I understand Sony has its own business plans and we ain't sneak into it, but as someone who works on apps and wishes to inspires others to make a living out of it, I am interested to know why apps shut down and why they are successful, TrackID from developing points of view seemed a success, at least, to me, but perhaps for Sony it wasn't worth the hassle. As currently, nobody else is interested, mind you, I ask, if we could contact someone in Sony developer team of TrackID, probably the guy(s) who started TrackId or those who were currently the main responsible, and get a story?

Thanks

PS. We will publish the interview / story on The Lost Ideas Lab Journal or as well any other platform that Sony wishes

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Hi @lostideaslab,

I have sent you a PM, please check your inbox.

Thank you!

One time poster
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

I Accepted that vaio can shut because of no profit (though it was really hard). But why Track Id (there is no reason for that. That app is just amazing and loved by everyone). SONY, not expected it from you to let your loyal fans down. Very much disappointed. No words left. 

One time poster
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

You are so right! Shazam sux. Track I'd used to identify song and artist. Shazam seems to be able to only identify the song, presenting you with a totally different artist. Perhaps that's how they earn their money?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

@Christofer wrote:

Hi everyone,

For Sony (Team):

But from device impossible to remove this app (re-installed with operating system), maybe let's do everything to the end and Sony maybe can release small update with possible to delete these app official and to say good bye and thanks for long good years? Slightly smiling Face

For others:

I don't know Shazam, on Sony Bravia TV i have TrackID which working and will not be stopped, but TrackID is not perfect too, most tracks which i looked up did not found too, last time when i looked up TrackID did not found one of The Divergent Series: Ascendant - Joseph Trapanese's track, how i saw most soundtrack finding, so i was little suprised when TrackID did not found it Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

So then which other app are you going to use to replace track I'd?

Cos currently it has no match.