account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

TrackID shows ads for Play store games

Learner
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

TrackID shows ads for Play store games

Does anyone notice TrackID is now showing advertisements? I didn't remember they were there when I used it a while ago.

I do not understand why trackID is a feature for the phone and you are being shown ads for buying it.

It just does not make sense

Edit: I contacted Xperia Care via chat and was advised to try in Safe Mode. I tested and the ads still showed. It was for a game. Unfortunately connection dropped out and I lost my chat session with the Rep

11 REPLIES 11
Genius
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: TrackID shows ads for Play store games

Hi bheart, welcome to the community!

Does the ad appear as part of the page or like a pop up? Are you able to post a screenshot?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Emperor
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

It's part of the app. Album art, then name of the song, then artist then the add.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Hi Sophia

It's part of the app. In Safe Mode too

TrackID shows Ads.png

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

This is very annoying. At least remove them from Xperia devices.

Learner
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Got a confirmation from a Sony Rep. The ads are intentional. This is bad Sony. You're getting paying users to see ads.

"Thank you for contacting Sony Xperia care,

The Track ID app does have built in ads. They will show when you are connected to the internet.

As part of Sony Mobile's commitment to excellent customer service, we offer a wide variety of mobile products to suit your lifestyle. If you require more information, or have any other questions, please visit www.sonymobile.com/au/   or call us on Australia 1300 650 050 or New Zealand 0800 100 150  Mon-Fri 9:00am - 6:00pm.

Kind Regards,

xxxxxxxx

Sony Xperia care

"

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

They aren't that intrusive most of the time but since their introduction the app doesn't behave as it used to.

The most frustrating thing is the fact that when the song information is retrieved, the app is busy loading the advertisement first and then the song.

The app is unusable in 2G and it worked so well before all this beta testing. The final builds are a joke, the app is crashing, I lost the songs etc.

Apprentice
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

I agreed, please remove ads from track id for Xperia devices! What's next, ads in music, video player? What's the point to use application made by Sony with ads if we have other similar apps? Again, please remove ads for xperia users, for example Microsoft also has ads in weather app for windows phone, but they removed it, and now this app is ad free, and android version has ads, you should do the same for track id for xperia phones. Thank you in advance.

Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

I also noticed the unacceptable ads in new Track ID,i would have to uninstall it. why is the Sony so stupid in Software?
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Track ID has ads.

Unbelievable,Track ID has ads in the newest Version4.3.B.3.2. hear that new version of Track ID has added a new function called Track ID LIVE.That was funny,so I download it. Later I found Track ID has ads.i would have to uninstall it until SONY developer improve it.
Sorry,how to upload pictures here?