account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

TrackID is not identifying

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

TrackID is not identifying

I just upgraded to z3 compact. It's great, everything i expected it to be... but my track id isn't working properly and that's pretty odd cuz on my previous phone (xperia arc) it worked fine and still does. I'm a musician I can definitely tell what's live / studio / bootleg / less mainstream off the radar etc.... It's not recognizing Bob Dylan classic album versions... **bleep**! any ideas?? Slightly smiling Face

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: TrackID is not identifying

Does it recognize any song at all?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Im using z3 compact too. Trackid not working. It keep saying "track saved to history. You can identify the track later". Ive tried delete the app and reinstall, but still the not working.
Inhabitant
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

It recognized some pop songs when they were played from good speakers. If it was less "clear" situation it would not recognize.. Weird because the TrackID has a vast library and could Recognize less mainstream stuff... I don't get it
Adept
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Track Id is not recognised

Track Id is not identifying
Apprentice
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

sony could add users singing recognition and also sountracks (without vocals) recognition. something like shazam

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Each end is happy. And if is not happy, it's not the end.
Adviser
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I just tried using TrackID today and compare it with Iphone6,

and my phone was just crushed by Iphone in that aspect (But we crushed Iphone in their camera lol!)

Me and my friend tried to identify a song at the same time and my phone failed to identify even one song lol!

But my friends Iphone guessed all the song correctly.

I tried using it again at home and it works, but compare to iphone, it is nothing.

My question is, is the library of Iphone and my z3c different? Any suggestions to improve it?

I dont know if the lollipop update caused this issue since I never tried to use this app on kitkat.