account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Track ID

Commissioner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Track ID

Has anyone downloaded and used the Track ID from Sony What's New?

I'm trying to find out if it uses up much memory as it starts up when phone boots.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Track ID

@cobbler

I don't think TrackID starts with phone boot, it should be started only when you tap its shortcut.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I'm pretty sure that it said it runs at boot time and runs throughout, this is what put me off.

Isn't this app similar to Shazam?
Commissioner
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@Quester wrote:

@cobbler

I don't think TrackID starts with phone boot, it should be started only when you tap its shortcut.

Think it does after boot, see this.

_20160618_222643.JPG

Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@cobbler

It doesn't show on the list in Settings -> Memory -> Memory used by apps (even after expanding the view to 1 day)

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.