account arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-down

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track ID app

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Track ID app

Everytime I use the Track ID app it constantly gives message "Microphone is busy. Another application is using the microphone. Close the other application and try again." I have gone into settings but can't find which app needs closing. Is there some way to "discover" what's using which service? I've ensured TalkBack (accessiblity app) is off and cleaned cache then rebooted. Currently at Android 6.0.1 and Track ID ver.4.5.C.1.11

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ambassador
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Re: Track ID app

In that case I would recommend that, as the next step, you completely reset the app. This is done under Settings > Apps > TrackID > Storage > Clear data. Follow this with rebooting your phone.

I would also recommend that you make sure that the app is up to date in Google Play, I updated TrackID in my phone and got the version number 4.5.B.1.11 which appears to be the latest version. It's also worth trying to reinstall the app itself.

Keep me updated!

- Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

6 REPLIES
Ambassador
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Hi @Sheeva, welcome to our community!

This may be because of one or more apps you have currently running in the background, I'd recommend that you try and close all your open apps. You can do this by clicking the square icon at the bottom right corner of your screen then pressing clear all. 

If the behavior persists I would recommend that you reboot your phone to safe mode. This is to see if one of your downloaded apps are causing this behavior as these will be temporarily disabled in this mode. Unfortunately it's very hard for me to say witch exact app or apps that may be causing this behavior. But if Track ID works as intended in safe mode it is one of your downloaded apps causing this behavior. 

Let me know how it goes!

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thanks Didrik for the quick reply. I have no apps open and I have rebooted but not yet in safe mode. Will let you know. Cheers.

Learner
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Okay Didrik, I've booted into SafeMode but the app TrackID is no longer listed so unable to test it. Can't download again from playstore only Uninstall. Have booted back to normal mode to test but still same error message. Not sure what to do next.

Ambassador
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

In that case I would recommend that, as the next step, you completely reset the app. This is done under Settings > Apps > TrackID > Storage > Clear data. Follow this with rebooting your phone.

I would also recommend that you make sure that the app is up to date in Google Play, I updated TrackID in my phone and got the version number 4.5.B.1.11 which appears to be the latest version. It's also worth trying to reinstall the app itself.

Keep me updated!

Learner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Thanks Didrik. That did the trick. I cleared the data then rebooted and it now works. Note, my TrackID version is 4.5.C.1.11; is B newer than C? Not sure with these naming conventions but must assume C is the latest?

Ambassador
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I'm glad to hear it's working! smile happy

What the latest version is for TrackID could differ between markets, android versions and phone models. As far as I can tell the latest available version for the devices I tested was the one with B and not C, it could be that you have a later version than I do in my phone.

I can request feedback on what version is the latest available but I cannot promise a reply as this will more than likely not be prioritized.

Let me know if you have any other questions.