account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Complete Removal of Trackid

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Complete Removal of Trackid

Will Sony be releading Android OS update to allow deletion of app.  A final update that removes all operations and leaves minimal footprint would be appreciated 

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Complete Removal of Trackid

Hi @Sebastiantribble,

You should be able to uninstall TrackID, to do so go to; Settings > Apps(All) > TrackID > Uninstall.

If you can't do this I would like to know what Xperia model and Android version you are currently using, you can see this if you go to: Settings > About phone.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

TrackID Still showing in software updates and What's New app.

When will sony officially remove it.

One time poster
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

For example i have track id pre-installed and i only can disable the app. But i want to delete it for good. And in google store or what new is still there. Screenshot_20170917-122346.pngIn settings - > apps

Screenshot_20170917-122401.pngIt shows that it can only be disabled

Apprentice
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

The app been removed from update sections from "software updates" and "whats new" apps but as it is pre-loaded it might be officially removed with next system update releases.

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Model number: E5633

Android version: 6