account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Improving performance

Genius
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Improving performance

Here are my suggestions for how to improve performance in your phone. 

1. Basics first, reboot your phone. A reboot will restart all drivers in the device, say that an app is acting up this can increase performance.

2. Close any apps you are no longer using. Some apps are very demanding and can slow down performance, larger games for example. Once you're finished with an app and don't intend on using it in the nearest future, simply press the square at the bottom right corner of the display and swipe the app left or right (you can also press the X).

3. Don't use memory cleaner apps. In my experience these usually always remove stored cache data. Some apps are almost always active (like Facebook for example) and use a lot of cached data. If this is deleted it will be downloaded again the next time you start the app. Not only can it affect your data usage but can also affect general performance of your device. 

4. Don't fill the cup until it runs over. If the internal storage is full the device can perform irregularly, applications crash or you might be unable to perform certain actions. 

5. Transfer as much as possible to an SD-card and delete what you are no longer using. If you frequently evaluate the amount of applications you have downloaded and remove the unused ones you can improve the performance of your phone and limit the risk of errors.

6. Keep your phone updated! 

How do you use your phone/tablet? If you have any ideas of your own on improving performance, feel free to post them here smile happy

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

4 REPLIES 4
One time poster
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Improving performance

Il y a une chose je voudrait.changer la batterie de mon experia Z3 comme je fais

There is one thing I would like to swap the battery of my experia Z3 as I do

Emperor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@Ev3dach

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post. 

You will have to contact your Local support regarding this issue.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Ok

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Read the tips from Sony.

who knows knows