account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery woes on new device?

Highlighted
Scavenger Hunt Winner
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Battery woes on new device?

Quick tip:
Before thinking the battery life on your brand new device is poor, remember that all lithium batteries take up to 10 full charge / discharge cycles before giving optimum lifespan.
From new to 10 cycles, can show up to 20% more life.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

11 REPLIES
One time poster
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Battery woes on new device?

Batery use is very poor for thisdevice, it looses charge on stand by, in one night if fully charged it looses almost 70% of the charge.  During regular usage it lasts for about 3 to  4 hours tops.

What can I do to improve this if any thing to do?

I feel like when I had my old samsung, I have to travel with the charger on my pocket at all times.

This is not what I expected from the Z5 since the specs when I purchaed the unit was that I could go for over a day without charging the unit.

Talent
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

I'm also using Xperia Z5 but don't have that much issues with battery life,i can manage 1 day with normal usage.
How much SOT u r getting?
Talent
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Also try to use your device in safe mode.
If problem still exists then go to service centre else reset your device.
It will help
And don't use any cleaner app,antivirus,task manager,battery saver,cache cleaner.
Try to clear cache manually.
One time poster
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Try software reinstall using Xperia companion and it would be fixed
te7
One time poster
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Hai.....iam using sony xperia z ultra.I have a problem,time taking to fill the battery is more,when i use other charger.And it is necessary to use sony charger only,why not other charger????????please give me solution....

One time poster
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Yes
Genius
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

That's on my Z5C, after doing what I'm about to post up in my first start/new user guide.

That's not Stamina mode either... and it has Bluetooth and WiFi active during that standby period of 8 hours with Tasker running to control my Dial Pad shortcut

//----------------- C:\》$ Path- Thyme: .trawler //-----------------Auto-Correct Disclaimer: Not sorry. //----------------- Batteries not included.
Regular
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Do you recommend clearing the cache every few mb or GB? Or you have a list of apps that do not need to be cleaned to open faster...

Apprentice
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

I only got this phone on Friday. I have charged it now 4 times. Not impressed. I haven't really done much on it apart from checking out my phone