account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

keyboard acting up after software repair

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 11 of 14
Message 11 of 14

Re: chrome browser and keyboard issues

Spoke too soon...for God's sake. 

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 12 of 14
Message 12 of 14

I understand it's frustrating. Slightly frowning Face

I'm really sorry that I didn't mention that you should have turned off automatic updates for the Chrome application after you uninstalled updates for the app. If it's related to the app version and automatic updates are turned on in Google Play store the app will be updated to the latest version.

Start with uninstalling updates for the Chrome application. Go to Settings > Apps > Chrome > 3 dots > Uninstall updates.

Open up the Google Play store and search for "Chrome". The top alternative should be "Chrome Browser - Google", tap on it and you should be directed to the Chrome page in the Google Play store. Press the 3 dots in the top right corner > uncheck the box next to "Auto-update". Is it working now?

If not I would recommend that you try and download another browser in your phone. There is also a Chrome beta application that you can download from the Google Play store.

Keep me updated! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 13 of 14
Message 13 of 14

Yep, that's sorted it thanks,  automatic updates was the culprit,  cheers Jonas.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 14 of 14
Message 14 of 14

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that it's working now! Slightly smiling Face

Let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.