account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Touch screen problem

SOLVED
wy
Visitor
Message 61 of 97
Message 61 of 97

SGP511 sony tablet Z2 wifi occasionally erratic and not responsive touch screens

SGP511 sony tablet Z2 wifi

Does anyone face the same problem as me? I tried with two brand new SGP511 SONY Z2 tablet and both exhibit same problem. Looks like it's a design issue.

The touch screen became erratic and not responsive on several occasions and I noticed it was when it's placed in a cold room about 21 degree C or when plug into a USB power that has 500mA rating 
This cause the pattern login fails and unit was lock out.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 62 of 97
Message 62 of 97

Re: Touch screen problem

Same issues here. 

issues reported 4 month ago an still not a single fix !

It more and more looks like it's a hardware issues but sony don't want to call back all his tablet... 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 63 of 97
Message 63 of 97

i have sony xperia l ,touch screen is not functioning

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 64 of 97
Message 64 of 97

New firmware has come out that says it improves the touch screen.

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/561237/20140731/sony-xperia-z2-tablet-17-1-2.htm#.U9ocNlWwKK4

Highlighted
Learner
Message 65 of 97
Message 65 of 97

Hi,

Here is one more unhappy Z2 tablet owner Face with rolling Eyes

I installed the new FW(17.1.2.A.0.314) on Friday and it didn't fix this issue. I also noticed this behavior on day one and started to seach similiar cases on web and here I am...

Sony, give us feedback how you're going to fix this. Are you going swap faulty HW to new or what is your solution?

PS. How this issue was not found in internal testing phase? How is that even possbile?

Highlighted
Sage
Message 66 of 97
Message 66 of 97

Just a thought:

After the upgrade on my Z2 phone to the latest firmware, I discovered a rather sluggish response from the touch screen on that, and the solution there (it runs the same firmware as the tablet) was to reset the data on the Extended Standby Mode Controller and then restart the phone.

-Settings-Apps-All-Extended Standby Mode Controller-Clear Data

-Restart tablet.

(I am thinking of buying a Z2 tablet, so I thought I would check out this section of the forums as well)

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 67 of 97
Message 67 of 97

The touchfunctions works fine when I'm holding the tablet in my hand, but if I put it on a table it loose all sensitivity.

Highlighted
Sage
Message 68 of 97
Message 68 of 97

Have you tried to reset the app-data for the Extended Standby Controller and restart tablet?

-I'm just trying to confirm if the findings on my Z2 phone would change anything on the Z2 Tablet.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 69 of 97
Message 69 of 97

There doesn't seem to be an extended stand-by mode controller app on the z2 tablet

Highlighted
Sage
Message 70 of 97
Message 70 of 97

Hmmm, how strange if it is not there......

The tablet and the phone seems extremely similar, but I'm not sure if it is a Sony specific or Android build in app on the phone.

Note: On my phone it resides under All apps (not running, downloaded or buffered), need to sidescroll to All to get in in the list, then scoll down in the list. -Perhaps it has another name on the tablet?

(on my Z2 phone, if set to my local language, it is called something like EcoModeController......)