account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Support (app?) discontinued

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Support (app?) discontinued

Hi! 

I have just logged into the 'support' part of the Sony Mobile webpage (German version). When I did there was a pop-up window telling me that the support service (called 'Mein Support' in German) would be discontinued from April 2019. Does anybody know what this means? Will there only be a new website? Or is there something more behind it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Support (app?) discontinued

Hi @laertes2222,

As far as I know, this has nothing to do with the Support application itself and is only regarding the web service, but I would recommend that you get in touch with your Local support team and they will be able to provide you a more detailed answer than I can, as this service is not available in all markets and this is a Global user based forum.

I hope that helps and have a great Tuesday! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

4 REPLIES 4
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @laertes2222,

As far as I know, this has nothing to do with the Support application itself and is only regarding the web service, but I would recommend that you get in touch with your Local support team and they will be able to provide you a more detailed answer than I can, as this service is not available in all markets and this is a Global user based forum.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thanks. I chatted with one of the support staff and apparently you're right. It's only the website changing.

@Jonas wrote:

Hi @laertes2222,

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi again @laertes2222Slightly smiling Face

Thank you for getting back to me and I'm glad to hear that this will not affect the Support application as I do really like it and the tests are awesome for troubleshooting

Have an awesome day!

Visitor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Sorry, mate, that's in Germany. I live in Spain and I have found no such message. 

I have a Sony Xperia XZ2 Premium light blue Pie 9 52.0.A.8.50 

Best is to contact the company that sold it to you.