account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sony's concept for android has been discontinued and the refore this board is closed and will be removed end of October. Thanks for all the engagement in this concept.

Sony’s Concept for Android™ - Frequently Asked Questions

Vic
One time poster
Message 71 of 85
Message 71 of 85

Re: Sony’s Concept for Android™ - Frequently Asked Questions

Please bring this software for Z5 Compact also.

Community Manager
Message 72 of 85
Message 72 of 85

@Vic wrote:

Please bring this software for Z5 Compact also.

There are currenlty no plans to release the concpet software on any other phone model. 

Highlighted
Regular
Message 73 of 85
Message 73 of 85

Dear all,

why the concept rom is not available for other newes devices (Xperia Z5....)

Robert

Community Manager
Message 74 of 85
Message 74 of 85

@rstulajter wrote:

Dear all,

why the concept rom is not available for other newes devices (Xperia Z5....)

Robert

I have no perfect answers to why, but my generic answer is that it has to do with limited resources and scope for the project.

The Xperia X was the newest device in Europe when the project started (and is newer than the Z5).  

Regular
Message 75 of 85
Message 75 of 85

Hey,

I have the X Dual (F5122) which I bought this week and I know it's not supported, but what would happen if I (hypothetically) flashed the F5121 European firmware before attempting to get the Concept firmware?

1- Would it just disable SIM2 and work like expected, i.e. turn into an F5121?

2- If it does, would this affect the SD Card functionality?

Thanks.

Community Manager
Message 76 of 85
Message 76 of 85

@0rAX0 wrote:

Hey,

I have the X Dual (F5122) which I bought this week and I know it's not supported, but what would happen if I (hypothetically) flashed the F5121 European firmware before attempting to get the Concept firmware?

1- Would it just disable SIM2 and work like expected, i.e. turn into an F5121?

2- If it does, would this affect the SD Card functionality?

Thanks.

Hmmm I don't want to say too much but my guess is that the phone would start but with no support for 2nd SIM. Is there a sdcard slot on F5122? I thought it didn't have one. Anyone, this is strictly hypothetical since the Concept installer will not help you even if you side load it and I have no idea what will happen if you root your phone and flash the Concept as a rom. I wouldn't recommend that.  

Regular
Message 77 of 85
Message 77 of 85

Yes, it has a memory card slot on the 2nd SIM's slot, so you can either put a second SIM or an SD card. Slightly smiling Face

Thank for the reply, it seems to be much of a hassle. I was asking because I wanted Night Mode for my phone, but I've figured it out without having to go through this, I'll wait for the official update. Thanks again. 

Rookie
Message 78 of 85
Message 78 of 85

Hi. I tried the concept. Decided to get back to official firmware because the auto brightness was driving me insane with the constant changing at the same light level. I am happy with the official firmware but now I get a notification to update to concept. How do I stop getting concept updates?
Thank you
One time poster
Message 79 of 85
Message 79 of 85

xperia xa, para cuando?
Learner
Message 80 of 85
Message 80 of 85

@ksuuk, did it work?