account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi problem after.4.3 update on xperia z

Apprentice
Message 1 of 155
Message 1 of 155

wifi problem after.4.3 update on xperia z

After upgrading to android 4.3, i lost my connection to wifi. Only solution i found is to turn.off my smartwatch 2, after that my wifi connection came.back.

Please solve this issue, i don't want to throw away my Smw2
154 REPLIES
One time poster
Message 2 of 155
Message 2 of 155

Re: wifi problem after.4.3 update on xperia z

I have this problem toosad
Apprentice
Message 3 of 155
Message 3 of 155

I have the same problem witch my Xperia Z (Android 4.3) and Smartwatch 2 SW2. When smartwatch is connected - wifi stops to work, even if icon on top shows is working.

I'm very very sad :-(

One time poster
Message 4 of 155
Message 4 of 155

The same here with Xperia Home 4.3! I had already updated on 4.3 when I got my sw2 so I don't know how the experience was with 4.2.2. I never had my sw2 connexted to my phone and wi-fi working correctly. It does though when I'm on mobile data plan and it is quite a nice experience!! smile happy  I hope we got this issue solved asap cuz I am not going to let that "diamond" leave my wrist anytime soon! wink

One time poster
Message 5 of 155
Message 5 of 155

Same problem with 4.3 update...wifi not working if sw2 conected sad ...no wifi network in range sad ..please fix this

Regular
Message 6 of 155
Message 6 of 155

Hi, I have the same problem. Recently upgraded my phone to 4.3. Spent ages trying to work out what the issue was, then as soon as I switched off my SW2, the wifi started working! Sony please investigate and fix ASAP!! smile happy

Regular
Message 7 of 155
Message 7 of 155

Has anyone come up with a work around in the meantime? I can switch off bluetooth on my phone, and the wifi works ok. But then I don't get any notifications on my watch.. but a least I can still get the time smile happy

Commissioner
Message 8 of 155
Message 8 of 155

Noticed that when bluetooth is on, wifi does not work and disconnects. If bluetooth is turned off and the wifi started, then it work.

Apprentice
Message 9 of 155
Message 9 of 155

Bluetooth connection to my headset and speakers has no effect withmy wifi, only when connecting to my smartwatch 2. Not sure if there is a way to downgrade my software???
Apprentice
Message 10 of 155
Message 10 of 155

You Can downgrade to 4.2.2 everything will works well witch SW2. Downgreade must be done by Flashtool and only witch full wipe.

Shame that I can't work on 4,3 - that firmware was extra smooth and nice. Sony - please FIX WIFI problem witch Smartwatch 2!!!