account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

wifi problem after.4.3 update on xperia z

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 141 of 155
Message 141 of 155

Re: wifi problem after.4.3 update on xperia z

Took six weeks to get your latest update for Generic UK
But all seems good now ...

THANK YOU...
Apprentice
Message 142 of 155
Message 142 of 155

Wahey! Finally got wifi while sw2 remains on! :-) Sony calendar extension still not sorted with update though :-(
Visitor
Message 143 of 155
Message 143 of 155

I finally gave up, Sony you win - I will never buy another Sony product. Xperia Z tablet now up for sale on ebay, Z phone to follow next week.

Already bought a Microsoft Surface to replace the Z tablet, funny thing is - it connected straight to my Sony NS510 speaker without a hitch - something the Z tablet never managed.

The final straw came when the walkman app continually crashed when logging in to music unlimited - a Sony app running a Sony service on a Sony device...

One time poster
Message 144 of 155
Message 144 of 155

can you please tell me if you have found a solution for this and if sony have acknowlaged the issue with plans to correct this.

my xperia z will not connect to wifi when it is connected to my smartwatch 2 i understand that this is because of a problem with the Android 4.3 update.

i as well as many others on the support forum need this to be fixed asap. the smartwatch 2 is the reason i purchased my xperia z mobile and tablet i am now very disapointed that there were no warnings from sony, android and vodafone pre 4.3 update. 

i am still in contract for over 18 months with my xperia z tablet and mobile wich can now nolonger deliver what was originaly intended, i have always been very loyal to Sony, i love the brand  and i am egaly awaiting a solution that my network operator has already failed to deliver can you please help !

One time poster
Message 145 of 155
Message 145 of 155

I recently updated my Xperia V to version 4.3 and now when I connect my Smartwhatch 2 the wifi is turned off, I wrote to support sonycare several times but not solution, the last answer was to update the version again and even sent me a link to download software sony to perform the upgrade,  I did but everything remained the same, ie it did not work, now after seeing this forum have the same problem as the Xperia Z since last year, What can I expect?

Visitor
Message 146 of 155
Message 146 of 155

You can expect to have devices that won't work. Unfortunately it's hard to come up with a solution for a problem when you refuse to acknowledge that there is a problem. The only advice Sony will give you is to perform a "repair" on the update to 4.3 or to upgrade again. Neither of these so called solutions will fix your problem.

Inhabitant
Message 147 of 155
Message 147 of 155

Im on Z1 compact and i too have wifi dropping every few minutesI had ZR erlier had same problem .I found a work arround though.so far it seem to work.

i just completed a skype session nearly 45 mins with out any drops of wifi or blue tooth using my mw600 bt headset .what i did was disable bmps to 0 in WCNSS_qcom_cfg.ini file in /etc/firemware/wifi/prima and adding a ping script to a dns resolver.so i believe that solution works.i use lama to excute sl4a script for ping when ever im connected to a wi fi

try with a terminal enumulater for pinging to check. I used wifi app(WiFi Status(Link Speed) Widget by yh lab)

I used it with sound notifications settings so i will know if when connection drops.

Good luck everyone...

One time poster
Message 148 of 155
Message 148 of 155

I found another temporary fix for this issue.

Appearently as a Sony Loyalist [even though I had MANY bad expirences with SONY over various products]... I own tons of other Sony products. [don't ask why]

After I paired my stupid watch 2 with my phone (xperia zl), my phone got no wifi like everyone else.

But

then I discovered that if I tap the NFC on my Sony bluetooth Speaker [the one that looks like a tennis ball] with my phone and pair them up too, my phones wifi works, and my smartwatch 2 as well...

This is a serious bug... as a general software developer myself... I know it is not hard to fix...

Anyways the downside to my temporary solution is that it requires another NFC bluetooth device and if you unpair all then try to re-pair your watch with the phone you might need to restart your watch to get them to recognize each other...

I have figured out some other temporary solutions as well, but this one seem to be the most effective one.

Regular
Message 149 of 155
Message 149 of 155

I too have this problem, i can't connect to wifi when my smart watch 2 is connected to my phone, i need to turn off sw2 bluetooth connection first.

Sony Xperia TX 4.3, No Root, Lock Bootloader, with latest Smart Connect and Smart Watch 2 App

l-o
One time poster
Message 150 of 155
Message 150 of 155

go to ur wifi setting and reset