account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

wifi problem after.4.3 update on xperia z

Adviser
Message 131 of 155
Message 131 of 155

Re: wifi problem after.4.3 update on xperia z

Considering its a known issue with Sony that the Previous update to 4.3 .569 stops wifi working properly when using a Smartwatch 2 thus rendering the device useless
I also find it appalling that the Latest update Known to fix the problem was released on the 7th February and I am still waiting
For this Update and it is now the 2nd March...
Whatever happened to the Proud company that Once was Sony!
And as for the New Z2 touted by Sony to have the best Camera in A Smartphone!
I remember them saying that about the Z1... Complete fabrication of the Truth...
Just a Rant as I had a few minutes to spare, thankfully I've now sold most of my Sony equipment purely because of very Very poor after sales service by a Leading techno company, Yeah Right...
One time poster
Message 132 of 155
Message 132 of 155

echo_steve but You are still lucky, You have an update already. I ain't had an update to 4.3 for my JP version of Xperia tablet. Looks like I have to wait further =(

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 133 of 155
Message 133 of 155

Still lucky?
Firstly, I was without my phone for around three months whilst it went back and forth to Sony Repair Center in all Five times
For Black spots on photos taken with camera, a known issue where dust particles get between the back glass cover and the camera itself I believe according to many posts on XDA forums , returned from the repair Center with more dust on the lens and a hair thrown in for good measure, Sent away again
By the way they kept it the first time for nearly a month?
I won't bore you with the rest of the saga but basically water indicators not replaced, Bluetooth not functioning, back glass not glued down properly etc as I said nearly Three months in total without my Xperia Z
Eventually thru many phone calls managed to speak to a Manager who agreed to send a replacement
They sent me a older well used device that had a scratch near the camera lens all the ports where full of dust etc etc
Dutifully returned and this time I received a very nice phone allthough black where mine was white?
At Last a phone that worked and I was feeling Good about Sony again
Until the 4.3 update which Sony released in December
My Sony Smartwach 2 has laid in my Bedside drawer for over Two Months unable to use it because of an issue with Bluetooth/Wifi in the new update...
Yes the phone functions perfectly, But I also invested in a Sony Watch which now is just lying dormant
Oh by the way I use Sony bridge for Mac, Sony a few weeks ago released an update, Now that crashes!
Still Lucky?

One time poster
Message 134 of 155
Message 134 of 155

I did this update, wifi and bluetooth are cactus, but i dont have an SW2, so **bleep**?
One time poster
Message 135 of 155
Message 135 of 155

I got the same problem with my Xperia ZR Slightly frowning Face now i can't use my wifi or i can't use my smartwatch 2Crying Face and if i don't use my wifi i go over my data limit, and if i don't use my smartwatch 2 it will be a waste of money!! so is there a fix yet cuz i readed somewhere that there would be a fix in a few weeks and that fix isn't here yet!!

Inhabitant
Message 136 of 155
Message 136 of 155

well i dont know if this is software problem. i was pissed abot my ZR so returned it asking for a refund.tharn bought a z1 compact thinking sony would not use same h/w software for a newer model seeing all these problems.Am i mistaken after spending $600 to sony Z1 compact has the same issue.Shame on me for trusting /belieing sony ...got it from singapore ind for warrenty have to go/ship pack and i dont think its worh cz my zr was replaced 3 times ..same problem was thare every time..

Inhabitant
Message 137 of 155
Message 137 of 155

Visitor
Message 138 of 155
Message 138 of 155

It still amazes me that after this much time (4 months) and 14 full pages of people with the exact same issue that each and every time I contact Sony about this issue they act like it's the first time they've ever heard about it and that the problem is unique to me.

"We recommend a software repair as this will fix the problem"

Wake up Sony!! A software repair won't fix the problem and you'd know that if you paid attention to your paying customers. They refuse to acknowledge a problem even exists so I guess I can't really hold my breath for a solution to be coming around. I guess Sony is now adopting the motto "If it's broke, don't fix it"

I will be contacting Sony sales team tonight to ask for a full refund on my SmartWatch2 which has been completely useless for 2 months now. Maybe if everyone starts asking for their money back for the devices that don't work Sony will wake up and realize there is a serious issue. Most likely not though as everyone there seems to be hiding out under rocks.

Adviser
Message 139 of 155
Message 139 of 155

Well, good luck with that very important phone call that you are making tonight

to be honest after spending copious amounts of money to and fro to Sony whilst my Xperia Z was being Mutalated

for around three months,  having lots of text conversations using there Online Chat support,

And getting nowhere at all.

I have come to this conclusion

absolutely loved My Xperia Z, and thought my SW2 was great, just to have lots of info at hand or should that be Wrist!

instead of pulling your phone from your pocket was great.

But you know i took it out the drawer Yesterday after over two months of Non Use, due to Sony's Inadequacy or if you like inability to present a software Fix for the majority of users who unknowingly upgraded the phones software thru Sony's official

update service,,, and at the same time rendering their SW2 useless for all intents and purposes

And after putting it on my wrist the novelty factor has gone, I actualy dont give a Damm about the SW2 anymore

they Sony have killed off any admiration i once had for the watch and to a certain extent the Xperia Z

It still doesn't work, still has the same problems

I paid over £130 for my SW2.

They made it feel cheap by giving them away with the purchase of a new Sony phone

And more to the point newer Smartwatches are or will be appearing in the marketplace soon

the SW2 that is in your cupboard or drawer will soon be obsolete without really ever being on your wrist...

I suspect you guys will have to wait for KitKat.

as i believe the latest upgrade .101

Which has been available for several weeks in a few Countrys and seemed to fix the SW2 issues suffers serious battery problems

Will Sony be putting all there resources into KitKat Which has been promised  for the Xperia Z

rather than Fixing software related issues in JB which has a limited life span on the Xperia Z

Seems logical to me?

Just a rant...

Keep the Faith and good luck to All...

Visitor
Message 140 of 155
Message 140 of 155

Today - without any prior updates or other changes - my phone suddently connected to my wifi again! I have noe idea what was wrong for the past months, but hoping it'll work from now on! Slightly smiling Face