account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

wifi problem after.4.3 update on xperia z

Adviser
Message 91 of 155
Message 91 of 155

Re: wifi problem after.4.3 update on xperia z

Thanks for posting this. My ZL says the 4.3 update is available, but I'll be waiting on this since I've been using my SW2 daily and have become accustomed to using it for notifications and some music controls. 

It's killing me since I've been waiting for this update and I want some of the improved performance, but not at the expense of my SW2 not working or not having WiFi working consistently.

Adviser
Message 92 of 155
Message 92 of 155

To the moderators and others who've had issues: has there been any testing between connecting to 2.4GHz or 5GHz Wifi networks and BT connectivity? I'm still on 4.2.2 so can't help test as i don't want to lose functionality with my SW2.

Also, do any moderators know if Sony or anyone can determine if this is related to the firmware in combination with the current version of Smart Connect that manages accessory connectivty? That application hasn't been updated since December, and the SW2 firmware also hasn't been updated since December. I'd admit the 4.3 firmware is a very likely culprit, but it's worth researching and testing - mostly at Sony's end since they have all the keys to be able to test many different scenarios. 

Adept
Message 93 of 155
Message 93 of 155

gmacek consider yourself lucky that you ve read this thread BEFORE updating to 4.3 :p 

Sony says in a month or two we will have a bug fix. A user over the xda forum reported this :

"So i've done my own testing with this, and I think it has something to do with the 2.4ghz wifi radio. If the wifi is on 5ghz, i can connect no issue with the SW2 enabled, but if the wifi is 2.4ghz (or hotspot) it goes.. no

So yeah, until sony has a fix, it's either 5ghz or 4.2.2 "

Inhabitant
Message 94 of 155
Message 94 of 155

Hey, I have something new, when I connect my watch, the WiFi disables itself... I don't think I can call that a bugfix...
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 95 of 155
Message 95 of 155

Just looked and there is a new update available

Android version: Google Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)

Latest available software: 10.4.1.B.0.101

Release started: 2014-02-07

Cool :-). Hopefully this will fix our issues or possibly give us more lol
Adviser
Message 96 of 155
Message 96 of 155

I hope I can do this update direct from 4.2.2 (FW ending .67) so I don't have any potential downtime with my SW2 and my ZL. :-) What's crazy is i JUST got the notice for the initial 4.3 update this week and now this one is out, but of course not just yet in the US. 

Learner
Message 97 of 155
Message 97 of 155

I got the same trouble with my Xperia Z in combination with the SW2. This morning I got the update from 4.2 to 4.3 and afterwards I got the trouble of the WI-FI. Know i disconnected the watch ( by switching off bleutooth in the watch) and the phone is responding normal to WI-FI and it all seems to be ok. But know I got an SW2 that is useless.......

Just 15 min ago connected the phone to the the "pc companion" and this says there is an update to 4.3 available, and even after this update still the same trouble with the WI-FI

Please Sony get this sorted out ASAP....

Apprentice
Message 98 of 155
Message 98 of 155

After updating Android 4.3. My xperia z slowly opening videos. Mx player. Movies. Albm are closing. What can i do??.
One time poster
Message 99 of 155
Message 99 of 155

Same problem for me. No solutions ? 

Visitor
Message 100 of 155
Message 100 of 155

I have the same problem with my SW2.

when I use my SW2 the wifi is not working propably , unless I reboot my Xperia Z or discounect the SW2.

I hope there is a new update soon for both SW2 & Xperia Z to solve this problem