account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

wifi problem after.4.3 update on xperia z

Rookie
Message 81 of 155
Message 81 of 155

Re: wifi problem after.4.3 update on xperia z

Same problem here with wireless; but i have a bluetooth headsets.

I think that sony hired romanian programers, that are not very good.

Visitor
Message 82 of 155
Message 82 of 155

Ive spoke to Sony regarding this, heres the log:

You have now been connected to an agent.
Luke:  Hi James, thank you for contacting Sony Xperia UK Chat Support. My name is Luke, please could I take your full name and email address?
James Stephens:  Yes, Its * and my email is *
Luke:  Thank you for providing me with this information, Please could you confirm which model of phone you have and which network it is on?
James Stephens:  Its the Xperia Z Generic handset
Luke:  Thank you, how can I help you today?
James Stephens:  Well, I recently got myself a Smartwatch 2, and after setting it up I noticed the WiFI didnt work when it was connected to my phone using the latest 4.3 update (10.4.B.0.569) but on older versions is working fine. Ive noticed there are allot of other bugs in the new firmware and I also noticed that 3rd party launchers could no longer use transparency which really disappointed me so ive had to downgrade, I was wondering if a new version was on the way to fix these issues?
Luke:  For an issue like this we would advise performing a software repair
James Stephens:  The issue isnt with the phone or the currently install firmware, its the firmware update itself that has several bugs and issues in it so reinstalling it isnt going to fix anything, many users are having this issue and some have had to downgrade their phones back to 4.2 because of it
Luke:  I'd suggest that you try repairing the software in your handset. This can be done using the PC Companion program. You can download this here: http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/PC_Companion_2.02.015_Web.exe
Luke:  Open PC Companion and go to Support Zone > click Software Updates > At this point a pop up will appear on screen asking you to connect your handset while powered on, as the software repair needs the handset to be switched off please ignore these connection instructions and click on the blue link which states "Repair Phone”.
Luke:  Please make sure your phone is completely powered off at all times and only connect it to the PC when the repair/update section prompts you to connect.
Luke:  Please Note: All data stored on the phones memory will be lost during this process so we would recommend doing a back up of your data before hand.
James Stephens:  I don't think you understand, the bugs are in the update that was rolled out, I have already tried this but it doesn't work. The update provided by the PC companion has the issues inside it and that's why many users are experiencing the same problem. Sony has to repair the bugs in the firmware and roll a new version out which is bug free
Luke:  This is not a know issue with this update and sadly if seus failed the only other thing to do is to send this way for repair James.
James Stephens:  That wont be necessary thanks, but this issue needs to be known if you could pass a message on letting them know that the Smartwatch 2 when connected to the phone breaks WiFi on the newest software released so that they can repair it in the next version as soon as the patch is sent out ill just update the phone
Luke:  I will pass these details on in regards to this James.
Luke:  Is there anything else I can help you with?
James Stephens:  No thats all thank you Slightly smiling Face
Luke:  OK James. Thank you for using the Sony Xperia Chat Support today. Have a nice day Slightly smiling Face

Only solution as I mentioned to support is to downgrade back down to the .67 firmware using flashtool unil its fixed
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 83 of 155
Message 83 of 155

With reference to your contacting Sony Online Support Chat Forum
They are a waste of time, they do not understand most issues with theire products
I was without my Xperia Z for three months kept asking me to send it in for repair
Sent it back in total Six Times, eventually raised the matter to Manager Level
Who kindly sent me an exchange model all seems good now, Thank You...
But won't be going back to Sony that's for sure
So to Recap had the phone just over 8 Months been without it for 3 of those and now cannot use my Smartwatch 2
If I ran a Company like that I'd be Bankrupt by now...
Rookie
Message 84 of 155
Message 84 of 155

i have an xperia tx and it has bugs( if i call someone and that person is hangin up and is calling me within 30 seconds the display is black), i have an sony bravia tv and it has bugs(wireless dosnt't work in many cases, i've conected the tv trought cable), i have an xperia z an it has problems. i am not stupid you know?
Regular
Message 85 of 155
Message 85 of 155

SONY - LISTEN UP!

So we are another week into this problem - have we had any new updates from Sony? NO!

Sony get your act together and give us some feedback - you are anoying some of your more loyal customers (by which i mean like myself  that go out and buy into the Sony eco-system SmartWatches / Tablets / Laptops / TVs etc etc on the marketing speal that Sony devices all work together)

To release an update thats seems to primarily affect your own accesories is bad enough but to keep us in the dark is another matter - give us some hope that you are addressing these issues and stop fobbing us off with placebo fixs (performing a software repair - when we have told you numerous times this has no effect)

I for one was considering pre-ordering from yourselves a new Z1compact (just like I did with my Z) but after this debarcle I am now looking at other manufactors.

So please just give us some feedback!

Apprentice
Message 86 of 155
Message 86 of 155

You're wasting your time with Sony Xperia UK Chat Support - they're just call centre fodder following a written script with no idea what they're doing and no ability to do anything else.

Hopefully someone at Sony is doing something about this issue!?

One time poster
Message 87 of 155
Message 87 of 155

I have been emailing back and forth with Sony Support for weeks since updating to 10.4.b.0.569 and finally got a response saying that Sony are now aware of the issue and are working to fix with another software update. Though they were not forthcoming with a date!

"In regards to your current issues with the handset, I can advise that this is an issue that has been raised and recognised by Sony after the Android 4.3 update. I can advise that this issue is going to be addressed in software update, which will be made available via the OTA services and PC Companion."

We can only hope its sooner rather than later so we can start using WiFi and Smartwatch at the same time!
One time poster
Message 88 of 155
Message 88 of 155

count me in...

Adept
Message 89 of 155
Message 89 of 155

Just saw this http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/01/30/sony-confirms-xperia-z1-and-z-xperia-ultra-firmware-rolling-14-... Lets hope Xperia Z gets the update soon. Cant believe they are not releasing it at the same time.
One time poster
Message 90 of 155
Message 90 of 155

So Sony is gonna make me root my phone so I can downgrade to 4.2 in order to use my smartwatch 2 ..c`mon Sony this gotta be a joke...