account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

wifi problem after.4.3 update on xperia z

One time poster
Message 51 of 155
Message 51 of 155

Re: wifi problem after.4.3 update on xperia z

Since 4.3: Same problem WLAN and smartwatch 2. BT off--> WLAN okay. @Sony: fix it asap!
Apprentice
Message 52 of 155
Message 52 of 155

I did a clean install, lost loads of personal stuff, didn't make any difference. I have been on the chat 3 times and sent them 5 emails so far, and they say they haven't heard of this problem before.
How come they have missed 5 pages of people complaining of the same issues?
Apprentice
Message 53 of 155
Message 53 of 155

Been a Smartwatch user for some time, upgraded and got the Smartwatch 2 today to find exactly the same problem reported here, wifi and bluetooth will not work together, and only with this device because I've never had a problem with the original. Feel like I've just wasted my money, love the new design but fairly useless at the moment. Will we end up having to wait for the KitKat update before the problem is fixed?
Adept
Message 54 of 155
Message 54 of 155

Well we are still waiting for an official reply about this. I hope we dont have to wait for KitKat and they will just release a bug fix.

I now have a useless smartwatch2 

Sage
Message 55 of 155
Message 55 of 155

Same with my SmartWatch 2 and XZ. Try installing the Wifi Analyser App from the Play store. I can see lots of local Wifi networks, including the 3 in my home. This is with Bluetooth turned off on my SmartWatch. My phone at this point is connected to one of my wifi networks. Then I turn on bluetooth on the SW2. Almost immediately some of the weaker strength wifi networks disappear from the display in Wifi Analyser, shortly after ALL networks disappear apart from the one the phone is connected to. However, if I try to access the Internet using this network, I find it is not a working link. Sony, this is a major problem with flagship products. Please acknowledge this problem here, and get a quick fix for it. Otherwise please explain in detail how we can regress to 4.2.2 without invalidating our warranty.
Learner
Message 56 of 155
Message 56 of 155

Hi guys...

pls follow the step do so report to sony..as sony facebook have finally some responded

Sony Mobile
we have received reports on this and we are looking into them. In the mean time I have escalated the case for further review. Now here is what I need from all of you: Please write an email to questions.us@support.sonymobile.com and provide me with the IMEI of your phone, software version, build number and your general location (Country) and any other issue you see. I will need at least 5 of you to do this so that we can gather sufficient info for the report. Please label the emails as "please forward to Agent Francis or Lynch In the Social Media Desk" Thank you for your time and sorry about the inconvenience. -Francis.

Adept
Message 57 of 155
Message 57 of 155

I have already sent a PM to Johan (admin)  with this info. If you go to page 5 you wil see his post. 

Lets hope we will have an answer soon!

Apprentice
Message 58 of 155
Message 58 of 155

I've emailed sony following Becore's post.
One time poster
Message 59 of 155
Message 59 of 155

Just mailed too.

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 60 of 155
Message 60 of 155

Just emailed my IMEI as well. Hope they provide us immediate solution.

Thanks