account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

wifi problem after.4.3 update on xperia z

Visitor
Message 31 of 155
Message 31 of 155

Re: wifi problem after.4.3 update on xperia z

Similar problem here after the 4.3 update - only I don't have a smartwatch though. Wifi runs fine on my pc, but on the Xperia Z it comes up with "connection denied". My router runs on 2,4.4Ghz which others have reportet to be part of the problem. Anyone else experiencing the same? SONY!! Please answer!

One time poster
Message 32 of 155
Message 32 of 155

Yesterday updated to 4.3

The same problem with WiFi and SW2  Slightly frowning Face

Where is SONY guys ???

Apprentice
Message 33 of 155
Message 33 of 155

I am having the same problem too with my SmartWatch 2 and WIFI. When my SmartWatch 2 is connected with my Xperia Z, WIFI not working. Only when I disconnect my SmartWatch 2, then WIFI works. Need a fix from Sony.

Apprentice
Message 34 of 155
Message 34 of 155

This problem also exists on my Xperia Z after the 4.3 update. 

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 35 of 155
Message 35 of 155

Not only the wifi problem gives a problem but also my 3G data connection is not working anymore. Even though I tried to disable wifi, SW2 & bluetooth, still I cannot get any internet from my Network provider anymore. Tried to manually configure the APN, but still, the data connectivity was lost..............Please Sony, one more week and I'm gonna sell this phone out to those who don't know the problem....this update really **bleep**.

One time poster
Message 36 of 155
Message 36 of 155

My phone not update
Regular
Message 37 of 155
Message 37 of 155

Hi Guys,

I thought I would let you know I received an email from Sony Support. This is what they told me to do:

Based on the information provided I would advise running a software repair on your handset as this is likely to resolve the issues currently being experienced. Please find below an easy to follow 12 step guide on how to go about this. This function can also be used to remove the pattern lock from your Xperia handset if it is forgotten.

Please note that performing these steps will delete all user data except for your media files (photos, music and video).

1. Before you start you have to download the PC Companion software from
http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
and install it on your PC.
2. Once installed on your PC, double-click the PC Companion icon on your desktop to start the update.
Note! For some models you will be prompted to do a backup prior to the update and then restore.
3. Install and open PC Companion then select Support Zone.
4. Phone Software Update.
5. Start.
6. Repair Phone
7. Continue
8. Accept data removal
9. Next
10. Wait for prepare
11. Select Phone
12. Follow the connection steps

I Follewed the instructions they gave me, and as soon as my smartwatch was connected to my phone again, the problem occoured again.

THE ABOVE DOES NOT FIX THIS ISSUE.
No point trying to reset your phone. Something else is wrong with either the phone software and or the SmartWatch 2.

Learner
Message 38 of 155
Message 38 of 155

there is no use on reformat phone again.

I had check with my friend who use SAMSUNG NOTE3 with SW2 and their software is working perfectly without any problem occurs even after upgrade to android 4.3

So this is to tell me the problem is at sony own develop firmware is sux..

they never really have programmer to do all kind of test before launching out their new android 4.3.

and sony still prefer choose to silent and do nothing for it..

One time poster
Message 39 of 155
Message 39 of 155

Same problem as everyone else in this thread.

After installing 4.3, when my Smartwatch 2 is  synced with the phone, wifi doesn't work... please, fix this asap.. it's very annoying!!

One time poster
Message 40 of 155
Message 40 of 155

Hello!

I had the same issue until I reset my smart Watch 2 and reconnected it to the phone.

After that, the WIFI works fine (with the sm2 connected)! Slightly smiling Face