account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

pc companion error 13

SOLVED
Highlighted
Learner
Message 17 of 81
Message 17 of 81

pc companion error 13

I've received a message today tellin gme that I can finally update my Z1 (C6903) to 5.1.1 using PC Companion. I'm trying to update from 6 hours and I always get error 13.2.jpg1.jpg

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling PC companion several times and always reach same result. I'm using Windows 10 Pro, original USB cable. Also, I tried using the PC companion in compatibilty mode (windows 7 and XP SP3) and the same result.

Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 52 of 81
Message 52 of 81

Re: failed update of my z1 to 14.6.A.0.368 through my my laptop loaded with windows 10

Thank you all for raising this, there has been an issue found in regards to this function on Windows 10, there is a patch scheduled to be rolled out for PC Companion on the 24/09/2015 which should resolve this but if you continue to have issues after this please do let me know here. Thanks for you patience and I apologise for the inconvenience.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

80 REPLIES 80
Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 81
Message 1 of 81

How to reset my Z1?

How can I reset my Z1 without using PC companion, as that is as rubbish as the screens on the phones.

Been trying for hours now and it will not work. I get an unable to communicate with sony update engine (error 13)

Allowed through firewall, then firewall turned off, uninstalled PC companion, re installed PC companion.

Looks like everyone has used it without an issue and I cannot see any reference to error 13. :-(

All I want to do is wipe it to send it for repair so that can try to say I dropped it.

Hating Sony right now. ggggrrrrr Angry Face

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 2 of 81
Message 2 of 81

New software update Lillipop 5.1 - Not working?

Hello guys,
I just tried to install the new software in my Z1 compact, but through my computer it says 'error 13'. If i try it to install it directly on my device it says 'cannot be verified' or if it worked to download this, it wants a restart for installing, but it suddenly stops and after restarting it says 'Sorry it cannot be installed'.
could you give me some tipps or is there anyone else having this problem?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 3 of 81
Message 3 of 81

Re: New software update Lillipop 5.1 - Not working?

Hi,

same problem with Xperia Z1.

After rebooting my PC and restarting my Xperia, error 13 appears.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 4 of 81
Message 4 of 81

Re: New software update Lillipop 5.1 - Not working?

Excactly the same happens to my Z1 compact, even after a hard reset. Need help.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 5 of 81
Message 5 of 81

failed update of my z1 to 14.6.A.0.368 through my my laptop loaded with windows 10

I did every thing but failed to update .is it windows 10 issue?

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 81
Message 6 of 81

Re: failed update of my z1 to 14.6.A.0.368 through my my laptop loaded with windows 10

@hossameldin - Did you get any specific error message when trying to update your handset?

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 7 of 81
Message 7 of 81

error 13
Highlighted
Regular
Message 8 of 81
Message 8 of 81

Error 13, too

2015-09-22 08 44 28.jpg

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 81
Message 9 of 81

Thanks, I have escalated this for review and will come back to you once I have some confirmed information as a few other people have raised this same error with me.