account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

hanging update to 5.1.1.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

hanging update to 5.1.1.

I have a problem on my z3 compact.

Phone tells me there is an update to 5.1.1.  I download it and try to install it but it looks they do nothing.

It runs and runs and runs ... since 4 Days. Reboot doenst help. It starting again.

Because the ugly phonebook i didnt want to reset the whole phone. 

Install via Computer is no solution, because sony only support windows and mac.

Any Ideas or hints?

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: hanging update to 5.1.1.

@weltheld

5.1.1 it's a major update, you should try to borrow a computer, as far as OTA, if your connection is too slow it will take quite a while 

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hey uliwooly ..

Thanks for your reply ... Die you read that i didnt have a Windows or mac? Winking Face

So, i think there must existieren another way ... Or better ... I hope
Visitor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Sorry .. But i cant borrow a pc for an little simple Software update ... There must existieren another solution ...
Emperor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@weltheld

re-installing the latest update will smooth things out, there's no other way, other than stopping by your local Xperia Care

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)