account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

blank black home screen after lollipop update!

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Blank Black Home Screen Lollipop Update

My phone is: Xperia Z1 Compact

After updating my phone from android 4.4.4. To lollipop 5.0.2, I get a blank black home screen when pressing the Home button. Nothing can be accesed in the phone except for pulling the  notifications and settings bar when scrolling from top.

The 3 buttons in the bottom are there but do not function.

Screenshot_2015-04-25-09-29-04.png

I already tried a Software Repair using PC Companion as suggested in https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Software-Updates/blank-black-home-screen-after-lollipop-update/td-p/9... but I had no luck. Any ideas?

Highlighted
Talent
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

Re: blank black home screen after lollipop update!

I have the same problem with my Z1 Compact.

It happens every 1~2days.

Restore and repair by PCC doesn't help.

One time poster
Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

hi

is there any solution?

I just bought a new phone after update and I have a black screen

I can't connect pc companion asks me for a PIN,

maybe I should send a phone for service

please help

regards,
a.

Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

You may need to perform a software repair using PC Companion.The process will erase all internal memory.You might need to charge your device for about 1-2 hours before so the device has at least 80% battery.

Make sure the device is not connected to computer or laptop and turned off (sometimes you have to press power button and volume up until the device vibrates 3 times or on some devices you have to press the small button near the SIM tray or on the back of the device).

Open PC companion->support zone->phone/tablet software update->repair my phone/tablet blue highlighted.Follow the steps given,do not connect your phone until prompted to press volume down while plugging USB cable. If PC companion does not start the repair process, you might need to run it in compatibility mode with Windows 7 (in some cases XP).

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

Had the same issue with my z3 compact

uninstalled all aftermarket apps (from google play eg ebay/plauge inc/omi swipe etc etc) re-installed them all and that fixed the situation

my guess is one of them couldnt handle the update code change from its present (downloaded) android form (4,4) but when i re-installed using the lollipop (5) form it handed over the additional program lines needed to stop the fault occuring

HTH and is clear enough

One time poster
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

Ya i got this problem too usually when simultaneous apps are running. Usually when connected to wifi