account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Xperia calendar widget wastes space

SOLVED
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Xperia calendar widget wastes space

I love the Xperia Calendar (12.0.A.0.18) and think its user interface is superior to Google's Calendar app. However, I do not like the Xperia Calendar's widget. I like to have a nice and compact 2x2 Calendar widget on my home screen - this works fine with the Google Calendar and lets me conveniently see upcoming events, but with the Xperia Calendar widget resized to 2x2 too much information becomes truncated for it to be useful.

Perhaps Sony could provide us with a range of calendar widgets to improve the widget functionality in small sizes? I'm not a fan of the white colour either, and would prefer some transparency (I also preferred the look of the old Google Calendar widget before they changed the bar at the top from grey to blue, though I also think this bar with the current date is unnecessary altogether as I use a separate date and time widget. Allowing customization would be best)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Commissioner
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xperia calendar widget wastes space

OK, forget it Sony. On the Play Store I just found a 3rd party open source calendar widget simply called "Calendar Widget" from "+1 labs" that does what I want and is extremely customizable. Perhaps you could even incorporate it as it is open source!
1 REPLY 1
Commissioner
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xperia calendar widget wastes space

OK, forget it Sony. On the Play Store I just found a 3rd party open source calendar widget simply called "Calendar Widget" from "+1 labs" that does what I want and is extremely customizable. Perhaps you could even incorporate it as it is open source!