account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z2 Lollipop Update PC Companion Error 11 and other Xperias problem in updating

Highlighted
Learner
Message 101 of 184
Message 101 of 184

Re: unable to communicate with sony update engine (error 11)

im wondering how did the support know that im having error 11 i think a lot of people are asking about it  . 

sonny.JPG

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 102 of 184
Message 102 of 184

same here... same error. couldnt update xperia z2 mobile. fix it soon

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 103 of 184
Message 103 of 184

Re: Unable to communicate with Sony Update Engine (error 10)

I also got the same error.. im going to update my phone.. but still error 11 always pop up i tried it with different os like win7 and win 8 still doesnt work

.. hope so there will be a solution for it.. thanks

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 104 of 184
Message 104 of 184

Cant update. Same problem. Please fix this. windows 8.1. x64

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 105 of 184
Message 105 of 184

Guys can anyone who successfully updated to Lollipop on Z3 Dual tell us whether there are any issues... I did the update on Z3 compact & faced minor issues with overall phone performance & the Call App which works poorely that I had to download & use True Call Dialer....

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 106 of 184
Message 106 of 184

I'd updated a Z2 mobile yesterday using my windows 7 x64, now I'm trying to update another mobile using the same laptop but it is giving me error 11.

it seems a server-side issue.

Inhabitant
Message 107 of 184
Message 107 of 184

Re: Unable to communicate with Sony Update Engine (error 10)

Are you rooted?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 108 of 184
Message 108 of 184

update to lollipop

i tried to udpate my device software to lollipop using pc companion but an error message keeps popping saying that i have to make sure that my firewall settings are allowing pc companion to connect to internet. the thing is my connection is fine and i checked my firewall it's allowing the app to connect i don't know what to do i'm confused

Highlighted
Learner
Message 109 of 184
Message 109 of 184

Re: Xperia Z2 Lollipop Update PC Companion Error 11

I just talked to cs and he said that their servers are being overloaded and that's what's causing the error. TIFWIW, I'd try again tomorrow.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 110 of 184
Message 110 of 184

Updated on the Z3 dual. No issues with dialer or performance. In fact the estimated battery time on full charge has jumped from 2 days to 4 days some how. I was able to update my Z3 dual 2 days ago through PCC. But can't update my wife's Z3 dual today through PCC. I'm using XperiFirm to download the firmware and use Flashtool to update the second phone today =\