account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z1 Update error

SOLVED
Message 51 of 59
Message 51 of 59

Re: Xperia Z1 Update error

KitKat and SD cards — what's fixed, what's broken and what's misunderstood | Android Central

See this before you update.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 52 of 59
Message 52 of 59

After trying to install what I thought was a software update on the Sony PC Companion 2.1 after a few failed attempts at the download my phone shut its self off and now when I turn it back on it displays a white picture and message saying "The software update failed. make sure that your phone is connected to a computer and try again" and I connot do anything else on the phone as I cannot get to the home screen. also The PC Companion no can no longer recognize my Phone this may be because in " Devices and printers" my phone is now under Unspecified but called s1 Service not as Xperia z1 under devices. I got this phone 24hours ago i'm aware that this is most probably my fault but I have no idea at what I did to cause this. any help would be very appreciated, thank you. 

I have the same problem with Xperia Z just bought it! Solution which provided above did not help. Please advice how can a I fix my phone?

Rookie
Message 53 of 59
Message 53 of 59

Re: Xperia t2 ultra Update error

having same problem, with my t2ultra.. but the given solution is not working

Inhabitant
Message 54 of 59
Message 54 of 59

Im just being relocated to pc companion through through sus link. Tried all the suggestions and cant update still

Visitor
Message 55 of 59
Message 55 of 59

how to factory reset if phone cannot on

Visitor
Message 56 of 59
Message 56 of 59

im try but pccompanon just show no software for your device

One time poster
Message 57 of 59
Message 57 of 59

Hello,

i tried to install the 5.1.1 update and failed.

Is it possible to install the update without using the repair tool whichwill delete all the phone media.

Rookie
Message 58 of 59
Message 58 of 59

Re: After trying to install what I thought was a software update on the Sony PC Companion 5.1 after

After trying to install what I thought was a software update on the Sony PC Companion 2.1 after a few failed attempts at the download my phone shut its self off and now when I turn it back on it displays a white picture and message saying "The software update failed. make sure that your phone is connected to a computer and try again" and I connot do anything else on the phone as I cannot get to the home screen. also The PC Companion no can no longer recognize my Phone this may be because in " Devices and printers" my phone is now under Unspecified but called s1 Service not as Xperia z1 under devices. I got this phone 24hours ago i'm aware that this is most probably my fault but I have no idea at what I did to cause this. any help would be very appreciated, thank you. 
One time poster
Message 59 of 59
Message 59 of 59

Sony xperia z1 compect tidak dapat d apdate ke lolipop dangan marsmelow

Sony Xperia Z1 Compact cannot be updated to Lollipop with Marslow

gt