account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z1 Update error

SOLVED
Message 31 of 59
Message 31 of 59

Re: Xperia Z1 Update error

In order to fix this I had to instead of install I had to Restore to factory setting then install all on the SOS

View solution in original post

Emperor
Message 32 of 59
Message 32 of 59

I'm glad its finally working 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 33 of 59
Message 33 of 59

у меня тоже после обновления по такая же ситуация

Visitor
Message 34 of 59
Message 34 of 59

hello there, im facing the same problem since last night!!!!!

my z1 won't turn off, even after pressing the power button & vol up key.....

turns it self on & off with s/w update failed msg. Pls help

Visitor
Message 35 of 59
Message 35 of 59

hey how did you  Restore to factory setting ??? im not able to do anything as phone just keep itself turing on-off with s/w update failed msg!!!!!

Message 36 of 59
Message 36 of 59

ANy luck with this? I am stuck with exactly the same issue here and I dont knwo what to do?!?!? 

Rookie
Message 37 of 59
Message 37 of 59

This is for the model C6902, hope it works for other models too. I had problems updating my device and I got this advice from Sony Support Centre:-

You can update the phone software easily by following the easy steps as mentioned below:

Kindly download the PC companion by following the below mentioned link:

http://www.sonymobile.com/in/tools/pc-companion/

1.Connect the USB cable to your computer and then to the phone.

2.On the phone: Mount the memory card by dragging the status bar on the phone downwards and then tap USB Connected > Mount. Wait for the phone to connect and automatically start PC Companion.

3.From the Dashboard, select the applications to start different services and get information.

4.When you will connect the phone to PC or laptop then you will see support zone option on your PC tap on support zone then tap start and then follow the instructions.

PC Companion should be upgraded to latest version 2.10.136 and production 28 (please check the same and you can confirm this thing by right click on PC companion and then about Sony PC companion).

Kindly take a backup of all your data before doing software upgrade. You can take the backup of contacts in your handset memory card by following the below mentioned steps in your handset:

1. Main Menu

2. Contacts

3. Action Key

4. Backup Contacts

5. Backup to Internal memory/Memory card/Sim card.

All kits that have been released will be posted on the Support Forum and the list will be continuously updated. You can also connect your phone to a computer via a USB cable and start PC Companion in order to get the update for your handset. When your phone is connected, you will be notified about available updates within a couple of minutes.

In case you are getting the error message "Your device is up to date" or "Server Error" etc. then we would request you to kindly follow the below mentioned steps in order to troubleshoot the issue:

1. In case it is available then try to download the java patch file by following the below mentioned steps and try again to upgrade the handset software.

Kindly download a patch from the below mentioned link:

http://www.java.com/winoffline_installer

Before downloading the patch from the above mentioned link make sure PC companion should be closed (Exit, right click on pc companion and then you will exit Sony PC (companion) from the system Tray.

If the file/patch is downloaded from the link mentioned above kindly perform the update with the latest version of PC companion.

If you are unable to do the same kindly upgrade the handset software version in through Sony update service by following the below mentioned steps:

http://www.sonymobile.com/in/tools/update-service/

Again if you are unable to do the same kindly exit from the antivirus or stop the firewall and try to upgrade the handset software. We would also like to inform you that kindly try with the another PC if you are unable to do the same with the particular PC.

If you need any assistance or clarifications, please feel free to contact Sony Xperia Support at the Toll Free number 1800-3000-2800 (Working Timings-9:00am to 9:00pm: Mon-Sun) alternately, you can email us at questions.in@support.sonymobile.com

Message 38 of 59
Message 38 of 59

Hi,

The update service did solve my problem, and thanks for the advice!

Paul

One time poster
Message 39 of 59
Message 39 of 59

I´ve got the same problem. Don´t know what to do because my restart button doesn´t work. How did you repair it? if you did.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 40 of 59
Message 40 of 59

solution for any "frezze" phone xperia z1and xperia z ultraSlightly frowning Face during or not software update) .

just press simultanious volum up and the main on/ff  buton for 5 - to 10 sec. Your xperia Z1 or Z ULTRA  will be restart .

I  had  this problem with my first xperia z ultra 4 times and then  I just bought the new xperia z1.