account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia Z1 Update error

SOLVED
Message 1 of 59
Message 1 of 59

Xperia Z1 Update error

After trying to install what I thought was a software update on the Sony PC Companion 2.1 after a few failed attempts at the download my phone shut its self off and now when I turn it back on it displays a white picture and message saying "The software update failed. make sure that your phone is connected to a computer and try again" and I connot do anything else on the phone as I cannot get to the home screen. also The PC Companion no can no longer recognize my Phone this may be because in " Devices and printers" my phone is now under Unspecified but called s1 Service not as Xperia z1 under devices. I got this phone 24hours ago i'm aware that this is most probably my fault but I have no idea at what I did to cause this. any help would be very appreciated, thank you. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 31 of 59
Message 31 of 59

Re: Xperia Z1 Update error

In order to fix this I had to instead of install I had to Restore to factory setting then install all on the SOS

58 REPLIES 58
Emperor
Message 2 of 59
Message 2 of 59

Connect your phone to the wall charger (not the dock) > press and hold power & volume up for 5 seconds > let it charge for 30min to 1 hour > after 30min - 1hr > repair / update your phone with SUS 

Update Service (SUS)

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 59
Message 3 of 59

What is SUS?

Emperor
Message 4 of 59
Message 4 of 59

SUS = Sony Update Service, link its on my previous post

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 5 of 59
Message 5 of 59

Thankyou very much! The SUS fixed the driver problem and im reinstalling the software ill update you with if it works.

Emperor
Message 6 of 59
Message 6 of 59

let us know if it doesn't work 

Message 7 of 59
Message 7 of 59

Update failed :/ Ill leave it on charge for a few houres then try again.

Message 8 of 59
Message 8 of 59

The download worked but the installed failed.

Message 9 of 59
Message 9 of 59

Its anoying to charge because its constantly turning its self on and off with that message about the update failing.

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 10 of 59
Message 10 of 59

Press and hold power & volume up until the phone turn off