account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xperia Z C6606, T Mobile 4.3- Convert software to standard version instead of TMobile version

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia Z C6606, T Mobile 4.3- Convert software to standard version instead of TMobile version

Hi,

I am using Xperia Z T Mobile version C6606, Am tired of T Mobile as they are not offering official 4.4 update that means Lollipop 5.0 will also not be available.

Please let me know if there is any way to convert my Software from T Mobile to Standard versio. So that i can enjoy latest support by Sony.

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Forum Legend
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Re: Xperia Z C6606, T Mobile 4.3- Convert software to standard version instead of TMobile version

Guide to create your own generic .ftf firmware file for your country

The Flashtool link in that guide is old so use the new one here

Follow this guide to manually flash but use the .ftf you created above and not the one listed - Everything else is the same for all Xperia devices

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

5 REPLIES
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Xperia Z C6606, T Mobile 4.3- Convert software to standard version instead of TMobile version

You 1st need a generic version .ftf firmware file for your model phone then using Flashtool you need to manually flash this file - Interested then reply back for links to guides on how to do this

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Interested Please share links...

Thank you
Elite
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Here you go 

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/How-to-manually-update-downgrade-root-2013-Xperias/td-...

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Forum Legend
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Guide to create your own generic .ftf firmware file for your country

The Flashtool link in that guide is old so use the new one here

Follow this guide to manually flash but use the .ftf you created above and not the one listed - Everything else is the same for all Xperia devices

sd1
One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

sony is updating all Xperia phones 2017....after how many years.