account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Tried to update my phone with Xperia Companion, it is now bricked.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Tried to update my phone with Xperia Companion, it is now bricked.

I have tried to update my z5 compact to android 6 via the phone, but it kept failing. I downloaded xperia companion to try it from my PC, only it has failed, and when I try to turn on my phone it has the message to software "update failed, please connact to pc and try again" and turns off.

When I connect compaion says the device is locked and to unlock it. I cannot even get the phone tured on to unlock it.

Can somene please help me out, I need my phone desperately, I've had this phone for 3 years second hand from ebay so i have never had any issues until trying to update.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Rookie
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Tried to update my phone with Xperia Companion, it is now bricked.

I might also add i cannot charge either, anytime  plus it in it keeps restarting and asking me to connect to a PC. What a nightmare. 

I vow to never buy a Sony product again if this can't be fixed!

Emperor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Tried to update my phone with Xperia Companion, it is now bricked.

@greg12345 

I understand your frustration, but as any electronic it could stop working, more so if it's 3+ years old, with that said, let's try to find a way to fix it

Remove the SIM and SD cards from the phone > connect the phone to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let it charge for 2-3 hours, if that doesn't work, try again with a different cable and/or wall charger

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)