account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Stereo video recording is not working after updating to ICS

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Stereo video recording is not working after updating to ICS

hii am Dilu from India. I updated my xperia mini (ST15i) to ICS. After that stereo video recording is not working. Last week i found a new ICS update and i upadated to build .587 , now also the same problem exsists. Somebody please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adept
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Re: Stereo video recording is not working after updating to ICS

you can repair it but you need to root your phone

look at the xda forum how to do it (you only need to modify a parameter in a config file. by the way, also you may improve some other camera features )

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

As I understand the the audio during video recording will be recorded in mono running on ICS.

Visitor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Yes, unfortunately we have mono sound recording since 4.1.A.0.562 (and 4.1.B.0.431 and 4.1.B.0.587).

Please fix that in 4.1.B.0.621 or newer firmware.

One time poster
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

surprisingly its working for me ie..stereo audio during vedio recording..just updated yesterday to .431..

Highlighted
Adept
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

you can repair it but you need to root your phone

look at the xda forum how to do it (you only need to modify a parameter in a config file. by the way, also you may improve some other camera features )

View solution in original post

One time poster
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

thanx for the answer,i already rooted the phone and solve the problem. But it is not the correct way. i d't know why sony did such a thing in much awaited ICS?????

Adept
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

here is the link ot the topic : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?s=9200e9fe3227cb8084e0132baeb42a54&t=1569309

if you modified that [maxChannels="1"] by [maxChannels="2"] i can't help you more sorry as mine isn't rooted